Ladies - Spring/Summer storms in the parks, what's easiest - poncho, umbrella, rain-jacket?

We like ponchos because they can be worn over anything. They are light, so we don't get overheated. They will cover a sweatshirt if it's chilly outside. We like the versatility of the ponchos, and we always use the Disney ones. Our first bunch lasted several trips, basically until the kids outgrew the child-sized ones. When they graduated to adult-sized ponchos, we all upgraded to new ones.

If we are travelling in the summer, sometimes we just like getting wet to cool off and leave the ponchos in the backpack, but we always carry them just in case.

well I have two at home raincoats...one is longer/heavier that I wear in cooler rain weather,one is small and light (Columbia) that is better for warmer rain,or lighter rain. I'll brng my mini umbrella and light rain jacket along with a cap...altho if it's one of those FL wind/rain events I know a tiny umbrella won't do much good!

We always take ponchos and wear them if the rain is heavy but we also take a small umbrella. Once many years ago when Hollywood Studios was MGM, we were walking around with our ponchos on because it was raining like crazy (think hurricane) and a CM said "Look, it's the plastic people!" I'll never forget that. It was so funny. We weren't the only ones wearing ponchos though!

Personally I don't travel with any anti-rain stuff. Afternoon showers are kinda the norm in Florida and they don't last for that long (and the heat will dry you off if you get too wet. Also best time to do stuff in the parks is when its raining~ less crowded).

Personally I don't travel with any anti-rain stuff. Afternoon showers are kinda the norm in Florida and they don't last for that long (and the heat will dry you off if you get too wet. Also best time to do stuff in the parks is when its raining~ less crowded).

I don't know, I don't love the idea of walking around in wet clothes if I don't have to. Water rides on a hot sunny day is one thing, wandering the park in the rain is another. Besides, I need a hood, I hate feeling rain fall on my face! But I get why others don't mind the rain!

:)

Ok after being here a few days.... allof the above lol! Mostly an umbrella but when the rains coming sideways it’s nice to have my light rain jacket

A few years ago the Disney outlet store had rain jackets that folded into little bags for about ten bucks. I have been taking them into the parks for the past few years. Then the other day I stopped at a yard sale and I found a brand new yellow Disney poncho for 2.00 I snatched it up!! It reminded me of the days where all you would see on rainy days were yellow ponchos! Nostalgia!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter