Lamplight Lounge with no reservation?

skyekitty

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to be at DL next week, yipee! I did not make a reservation at Lamplight Lounge, but I really want to eat there. Is it possible to get in on standby for lunch or dinner? Can anyone tell me how it works?

I can't comment on the standby process but I just wanted to say I would bet you can snag a LL reservation if you check frequently online, especially as things get closer. People frequently cancel dining bookings.

We went for lunch on Sunday and there was a standby line for appetizers and drinks on the upper level. We waited about 15-20 minutes.

The upstairs dining area (old Cove Bar) takes standby. It has the appetizers and drinks menu, but not the larger bites or donuts. The downstairs area (restaurant) does take reservations and it also takes walk-ups (space permitting). When we were there, the wait for the downstairs was about 30 minutes and guests would be seated in the outdoor tables or communal table (guests with reservations had the option of be seated indoor, outdoor, or at the bar).

If you get there at 10:40am, you can do the downstairs as a walk up. They take your name and you wait in line off to the side. Once 11am hits, they seat all their reservations first, then start seating people on the list. We did this 2 weeks ago and were first in line. We were seated at 11:05 and put at the inside bar. They seated plenty of people behind us in line at tables inside. You get NO say where you are seated. Parties of 1 or 2 are placed at either the bar or communal tables. The tables for 2 inside are held for those with reservations, we were told, although most stayed empty the whole time we were there. When we left about 90 minutes later, the place was still half empty.

If you get there at 10:40am, you can do the downstairs as a walk up. They take your name and you wait in line off to the side. Once 11am hits, they seat all their reservations first, then start seating people on the list. We did this 2 weeks ago and were first in line. We were seated at 11:05 and put at the inside bar. They seated plenty of people behind us in line at tables inside. You get NO say where you are seated. Parties of 1 or 2 are placed at either the bar or communal tables. The tables for 2 inside are held for those with reservations, we were told, although most stayed empty the whole time we were there. When we left about 90 minutes later, the place was still half empty.
Our reservation was for later in the day (12:50 pm), so perhaps by then they are also holding the indoor tables for reservations. While you can say "no" to any table you are offered, they were not giving the walk-ups the option of requesting an indoor or bar seat when we were there (we heard them check in several walk-ups). So it might depend on how busy they are and how many reservations they have.

Do you have to wait in line or do you put you name in? I don't mind waiting 30 min, but wondered if that would have to be in line or just a call back, thanks!

For the downstairs seating area, both times we've been there, they asked us for a mobile number and sent us a text message when our table was ready. We did have a reservation, but they seemed to be doing the same thing for all guests dining downstairs. The upstairs seating area might be different; I've read folks mention waiting in line for a table.

My sister and I went on Monday without a reservation. We first got in line, but after asking others in line if we had to check in first, we were told that the line was for those waiting for the bar and those who wanted the restaurant were supposed to go to one of the CMs and put their name in. We did this and as figment said above, they took my cell number and told us we'd get a text when a table was ready. We were also told it would be about 15 minutes, but they actually texted us within 10 min. We were taken to a strange little bar counter outside with side-by-side seats, so we politely asked if we could have a table and said we were willing to wait for one. The CM went to ask a lead and we were taken to a table in the bar area. They told us that was an upgrade from outside but I'm not sure why. I actually would have preferred outside but I sure wasn't going to argue with getting a table so quickly and it was a great experience. Can highly recommend the SLT or something like that. It's like a BLT only it has grilled salmon and pancetta. Yum!!! We also got a drink, which was something like a pina colada. I saw a woman next to us get some super cool-looking drink that must have had dry ice because it bubbled and smoked!

ETA: Forgot to tell you that we checked in at about 12:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter