Adding WDW nights to cruise...

lawone

Mouseketeer
When will I be able to do this online for 2011? I keep checking and you cannot add WDW before/after a cruise yet. Any ideas?

When will I be able to do this online for 2011? I keep checking and you cannot add WDW before/after a cruise yet. Any ideas?

Yes, you will be able to have that option....I just pulled this off the DCL website:

Resorts & Tickets

Resort hotel stays before and after your cruise will soon be available for cruises with sail dates in 2011.

But, my questions is why. With many room only discount codes out there for WDW I think it is a better idea to book your WDW room independently from the cruise. Some resorts were just being offered at 40% off and it seems they often have specials at WDW. DCL no longer includes tickets if you get a hotel through them so I do not see the advantage. You can make your own land/sea package by just adding DCL transfers if you want.

Another thing is that I don't know if you book a hotel through DCL and then find code comes out will they honor it. I believe DCL has "contract" rates so don't know if there is room for repricing if a lower price comes out.

Just some things to think about and ask DCL before you book your hotel with them.

MJ

We are planning on staying at WDW pre-cruise by booking seperately. There are some great deals to be had right now, or at least for when we are going in January. I currently have a ressie on hold!:goodvibes

I've been waiting for this same thing, but mmouse37 makes a great point, now I'm thinking I'll just book them separate and book the transfers later.

If I did wait until the Land/Sea portion was available on the website will I be able to take advantage of free dining next year? I don't know how the bookings work....

We always go at least one day before the cruise and stay at least one day after. I always book it separate at a much cheaper rate than if I booked it as a package. I add my transfers from resort to port then port to resort about a month before sailing (then I don't have to pay as much at the time the final cruise payment is due). It is never cheaper to have DCL book a package for you. I know this through years of trying to get the best possible deals!

Laura

I always book our WDW portion on my own. DCL used to offer land and sea vacations but I never took advantage of it. I will be going to WDW and POP 4 nights before our cruise and although I have booked both, am waiting for free dining for Oct 2011 to come out. I did the same thing with our cruise in 2009 but then we only stayed 3 nights at Pop. I like having control over my reservation. We used Disney to book our air on our first cruise and it was a horrible because we almost missed our cruise and paid a great deal more than I would have booked it on our own. So I am saving myself the frustration by booking our hotel by ourselves. It will be our 5th time to WDW and our 3rd DCL cruise.

I actually rented points from the DVC forum. We are staying 4 nights (2 at Saratoga Springs and 2 at AKL) and are paying less than what we would for 2 nights at these hotels. It is great way to save some money.

Where is the best place to book this? We are looking at a 4 night cruise and 3 day land.

TIA! :)

You can add days before or after your cruise at the DCL site (but the 2011 dates are not available yet)....or any Disney specialized TA could book this for you...but again, I think it makes more sense to book separately.

I am not sure what dining works with booking a WDW room through DCL.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter