Landry's Card

Yes, you can use the birthday bonus and the new member $25 reward at the same time.
I think that used to be true, but no longer per the FAQs on the Landry's website:
collapsed.gif
How do I redeem Rewards?
To redeem your Rewards, simply present your Landry's Select Club® card when you pay your bill. If you forget your card you can still redeem a Reward if you provide your server with the phone number on your account and show valid ID. Rewards are deducted in $25 increments. Since there is no carry-ver balance, any unused portion of the reward amount will be forfeited. Birthday Rewards cannot be used on the same visit when a Welcome Reward is redeemed.

I think that used to be true, but no longer per the FAQs on the Landry's website:
collapsed.gif
How do I redeem Rewards?
To redeem your Rewards, simply present your Landry's Select Club® card when you pay your bill. If you forget your card you can still redeem a Reward if you provide your server with the phone number on your account and show valid ID. Rewards are deducted in $25 increments. Since there is no carry-ver balance, any unused portion of the reward amount will be forfeited. Birthday Rewards cannot be used on the same visit when a Welcome Reward is redeemed.

That definitely looks like some new verbiage restricting use of both rewards in the same visit. We've def used both and so did my BIL last Feb/Mar. I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced this at any of the Disney Springs Landry's restaurants, when it came into action, etc.

Please help me understand...

• I can get a Landry's Club Card for $25, and then they'll give me a $25 welcome coupon (and a birthday coupon, but you can't use it together).
  • I can then PAY for dinner using:
    • DDP (which wouldn't let me use the $25 coupon?)
    • charge to the room (essentially my CC), which would let me use the coupon
    • a Landry's GC, which would also let me use the coupon
    • any combo of the GC/charging to my room?
I'm asking because we have reservations at Yak & Yeti on the regular dining plan, but we're also going to be "over" our plan points due to a signature restaurant. I do swagbucks, and could get a GC for Landry's very soon (don't think it'd cover the whole cost yet). I'm just trying to see how I could make this work to not have to pay for that meal... :)

Please help me understand...

• I can get a Landry's Club Card for $25, and then they'll give me a $25 welcome coupon (and a birthday coupon, but you can't use it together).
  • I can then PAY for dinner using:
    • DDP (which wouldn't let me use the $25 coupon?)
    • charge to the room (essentially my CC), which would let me use the coupon
    • a Landry's GC, which would also let me use the coupon
    • any combo of the GC/charging to my room?
I'm asking because we have reservations at Yak & Yeti on the regular dining plan, but we're also going to be "over" our plan points due to a signature restaurant. I do swagbucks, and could get a GC for Landry's very soon (don't think it'd cover the whole cost yet). I'm just trying to see how I could make this work to not have to pay for that meal... :)

You are correct. The only time you can't use the Landry credits is if you are using DDP.

Love my Landry's Select card! We live an hour from Nashville and Opry Mills mall has 3 Landry's restaurants in it...Rainforest, Claim Jumper, and The Aquarium. I have shocked a few friends when I have been able to get our large group in within 10-15 mins when there is an hour or more wait! The Aquarium is our favorite of the 3 there, and I use my birthday reward there on the years we aren't in Disney to use it. I also use swagbucks and cash out for Landry's giftcards sometimes which we can use on Disney trip or in Nashville.

Surfing around their website I noticed they have a gift card exchange. It's not a $ for $ exchange but if you usually trade your gift cards online for less than their value you might be interested. Just for kicks I entered my Longhorn $50 gift card and it came back at $37.50 for the offer. Not for me but thought someone might be interested.

Thanks! I assume the $25 credit would remain there, so at some point I could just take my family to our closest Rainforest Cafe (about an hour away) to get my $25 worth! Actually, better yet we could wait and go my birthday month since I believe we get another $25 Then, right?

Since the $25 credit has an expiration, if it were me, I would just use the credit towards my meal at Rainforest Cafe and then pay the difference out of pocket. That will give each person in your group an extra DDP TS credit to use on another ADR somewhere else, if there's another one you'd want to make.

We'll be on the DDP on our trip in May, but with a half a dozen restaurants nearby, I'll definitely be getting the card ASAP. We're planning on a meal at T-Rex, but we'll use that $25 somewhere else - DH would love any excuse to hit Joe's Crab Shack....

I can't believe I've never stumbled across this before, as often as we have eaten at Landry's restaurants. I learn something new every day! :daisy:

AARP gets you a 15% discount at all landrys,
but you cant use your birthday discount at same time

I didn’t realize you get a $50 birthday bonus! Our Landry’s card is in my husband’s name. My birthday is next week and within range of our trip. Does anyone know if I can add onto his card or do I need my own?

I can't believe I've never stumbled across this before, as often as we have eaten at Landry's restaurants. I learn something new every day!
Welcome to the Dis Tribalmom!:welcome: I hope you find that your fellow Dis-ers are full of good surprises that help out at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter