Landry's Select Club question

Ava

DIS Veteran
I have seen a lot of mentions of joining the Landry's Select Club to save $ at their restaurants at WDW. I understand that you get a $25 reward for joining and a $25 reward for your birthday month (which you can choose any month you want). My question is, can you use both of these rewards on the same bill?

I have enough myPoints to get a $50 GC but that likely won't be enough to cover our whole bill, so I was looking at joining the club for the $50 in rewards. I'd use the rewards first and save whatever is left on the GC for a future visit.

I know everyone says you can choose any birthday you'd like but I didn't have that experience at the Rainforest Cafe at Anaheim's Downtown Disney. They asked to see my I.D. (and no, I didn't order alcohol). I happened to use my actual birthday so it wasn't an issue but thought I'd make mention.

I know everyone says you can choose any birthday you'd like but I didn't have that experience at the Rainforest Cafe at Anaheim's Downtown Disney. They asked to see my I.D. (and no, I didn't order alcohol). I happened to use my actual birthday so it wasn't an issue but thought I'd make mention.
Hmm. I wonder if the Disney locations started noticing an oddly high percentage of guests coming with in Birthday rewards, so they've started asking. Or you just got a thorough server.

Hmm. I wonder if the Disney locations started noticing an oddly high percentage of guests coming with in Birthday rewards, so they've started asking. Or you just got a thorough server.

It was actually the manager. Whenever I use my Landry's account (birthday or not) the manager comes to introduce her(his)self.

You can also apply your birthday reward to other promotions. We recently used our birthday reward in conjunction to a kids eat free promotion at Bubba Gump. Our bill came out to $13 :cool1:

Really? I was just getting ready to sign up with a birthday off by a month or two- or six :rolleyes1..... I would be mortified to get busted like that.

Really? I was just getting ready to sign up with a birthday off by a month or two- or six :rolleyes1..... I would be mortified to get busted like that.

I can only speak of the Anaheim location. It sounds like it's not an issue in Florida.

I wish I had made my birthday October, because we are always at DL or WDW in October. I have June, I never go in June, and we have no Landry's around here. They do not let you defer BD awards.

Did you put your real birthday, or the month of your trip (if different)? Were you asked for ID to use the birthday reward? And which location did you use it at? Looking for more data points on this.

It did happen to be the month of a real birthday. We didn't get asked for ID - used it at a local Landry's seafood joint.

I have read a ton of reports about this and never heard of anywhere asking for ID. Most say that Landry's doesn't care since u only get 1 birthday reward a year so it's not easy to abuse anyway.

We were at T Rex in May, no one asked to see my ID and yes, the manager stopped by to see us. We used the sign up and birthday credit on the same bill. It was so nice to be seated quickly without having to worry about getting to a specific ADR at a set time.

Thanks everyone. I've decided to put down my real birthday. If the manager comes over & wishes me happy birthday, I'd feel bad lying in front of my kids. In looking up the club I found out Landry's now owns the Dos Caminos Mexican restaurants in NYC, which I could definitely use as a birthday dinner for myself. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter