Lap bar comes up

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
On MIB halfway through the ride the lapbar comes up. I survived. So what made it go up?

Maybe they were giving you the option to jump out of the car for better aim????????? Ok, probably not, but could not resist. :D

Originally posted by fboy9287
On MIB halfway through the ride the lapbar comes up. I survived. So what made it go up?

Scotty beamed it up due to lack of intelligent life??? ;) :eek: :D

Karen

Did you mention it to the workers at the end of the ride? I would hate to have that happen to a child.

Originally posted by fboy9287

Did the ride shut down??? I would imagine it would trigger a safety feature that would cause the ride to stop moving immediately!!!:confused:

Now we know why the seatbelts are there, in addition to the lapbar!:rolleyes:

When the ride op tugged on my "bonus strap" (the seatbelt buckle strap) on Dragons last night, it came right out...THAT didn't make me feel real good about it, but it stayed locked when it was put back in. Now if that were on Doom, I would have changed seats!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Karen

Originally posted by Sleepy
Maybe they were giving you the option to jump out of the car for better aim????????? Ok, probably not, but could not resist. :D

Now, that's my kind of ride! Why when I want those bars to come up they don't?
Hey, on Cat in the hat on Sunday someone got really hurt. Something fell on top of her head, she was gushing with blood, i never heard anything about it afterwards.

Originally posted by MsDisney

When the ride op tugged on my "bonus strap" (the seatbelt buckle strap) on Dragons last night, it came right out...THAT didn't make me feel real good about it, but it stayed locked when it was put back in. Now if that were on Doom, I would have changed seats!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Karen

The strap on DD, DDFF, TIHC aren't really so much a safety issue. Each harness has to fail at least seven or eight times before it would pop up. I belive someone can back me up.

The Professor is correct. The "strap" on the Hulk and Dragons is not a critical safety piece. It's a "feel good" piece and was added by Universal. The sister B&M coasters don't have it unless the owner specifically requests it.

Originally posted by Earl
The Professor is correct. The "strap" on the Hulk and Dragons is not a critical safety piece. It's a "feel good" piece and was added by Universal. The sister B&M coasters don't have it unless the owner specifically requests it.

Well...I fell good having it there...especially on Doom! :D

Hey CPM...perhaps someone stood up on Cat in the Hat??? Let that be a lesson to ya!!! ;) :D :eek:

I wonder what happened...I think that usually things like that tend to be more to do with someone checking their brain at the gate! :rolleyes:
LBD's as MIB874,000 would call them... :D

Karen

Originally posted by Earl

Thank god...I always thought that buckle release was a little too accessiable to a person being hurled 200 ft in the air. I really wish you could hear the clicks like on the other makers "Horse Collars". For some reason that clicking makes me feel safe.

You can't hear the clicks on the OTSR because it is made by a great manufacturer. All B&M coasters are the same way.

Originally posted by MsDisney

Hey CPM...perhaps someone stood up on Cat in the Hat??? Let that be a lesson to ya!!! ;) :D :eek:
LBD's as MIB874,000 would call them... :D
Karen

LOL
Hey, it was great meeting you two! :)
What's with the 874,000?

Originally posted by CPM

LOL
Hey, it was great meeting you two! :)
What's with the 874,000?

It was great meeting you too!!! I'm looking forward to getting together again in June! :)

The 874,000 is what some of us now call the "Agent formerly known as MIB999,999":D :D :D (Hey, it's better than a symbol!!! ;) ) He needs to reapply to have the old screenname reinstated again when he gets his score back up! :rolleyes:

Karen :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter