Laptop Input Pls

Sand Wedge

Registered
OK, through years of systematic abuse, my MacBook Pro may be on the way out. Nothing too awful, but the signs are there. So I need a new one.

I love Linux but it's just not versatile enough for a n00b like me. Windows is fine, but truth be told, I'm an Apple fanboy.

So what do I covet? A MacBook, a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro? I don't need a superfast processor - I have a PC for games and whatnot. Ditto a large HD - PC again. SSD would be nice. Form factor too.

Sorry, to clarify - how much should I splurge? MacBook Airs are cheapest (last I checked) and Pros the most expensive. Both the Air and the middle of the range MacBooks have superior form factor but handle less.

With computers, I think it is best to get the one that is most up to date and with the most memory you can afford, so that it lasts long term. If you just go basic, you run the risk of not having enough power or memory to run new things as they come down the line. I am on my third laptop. I keep them about ten years, and I have never replaced one because of technology or memory issues because I bought the best one I could get at the time.

Big fan of Refurb products from Apple, I've bought a lot of them. But before you bail on your MacBook take it to an Apple Store or a true Apple knowledgeable repair shop. You may find you can spend a bit of money and beath a lot of life into your Mac. My wife uses my old 2007 iMac and it's running just fine for her needs. I have a 2010 MacPro that I've added an SSD and new Video card to along with memory. Along with my 2015 MacBookPro. Newer isn't always better and honestly some of the new MacBooks have had issues with the keyboard.

OK, I'm almost there... I can exchange my MacBook Pro from the early 2010s for a modern MacBook in gold, ultra-thin of course ;)

Wouldn't cost me anything... dare I take the plunge? Will probably lose a bit of power, but I doubt I'd miss it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter