Lasseter Taking Sabbatical over "Missteps"

I agree with PuppyJonathan about the overall "tameness" of accusations against Lasseter up to this point. That article sure paints a convincing picture that he can at the very least be a first-class jerk.

Unwanted touches aren't "tame." I don't want to be touched at work. As another posted suggested, it's not hard to keep your hands to yourself. People should. It's literally that simple. Other people wanting to be a "hugger" ends at my personage.

I'm just waiting/hoping for some comment from DIS corporate any time now...

most curse words will get changed to "*****" ... for example, if you use the abbreviation for the All Star Sports you will get ***
I tested it but then went for an euphemism because that’s more fun
Unwanted touches aren't "tame." I don't want to be touched at work. As another posted suggested, it's not hard to keep your hands to yourself. People should. It's literally that simple. Other people wanting to be a "hugger" ends at my personage.

I'm just waiting/hoping for some comment from DIS corporate any time now...
As the person you left mentioned in your quote, I wholely stand by the statement you are trying to argue against. Yes it was unwanted, but I said tame because this wasn’t a rape accusation or something extremely sexual unlike so many others so this was “tame.” Just because it was tame didn’t make it any better of a situation, I just meant that as a comparison, and that’s what TexasKiwiPrincess is trying to say. I think personally you jumped to the conclusion way too fast considering the sensitivity of this topic, and I don’t blame you, but as the person referenced in the quote I don’t want it taken out of context and I will stand by what I felt at the time and not look back with regret

Sources say some women at Pixar knew to turn their heads quickly when encountering him to avoid his kisses. Some used a move they called "the Lasseter" to prevent their boss from putting his hands on their legs.

Yeah ... a boss putting his hands on a subordinate's legs is "tame". Or a boss trying to kiss a woman because he wants to is "tame". Sheesh. :sad2:

To counter, how would some of you gentlemen feel if a female boss or supervisor would run their hands on your lower back or butt if you were standing next to them? Or made comments about how you looked in that shirt you're wearing or the fit of your pants? Or would graze over your crotch while you're sitting next to them in a meeting or other workplace situation? Would you feel that those moves are warranted and "tame" because she's just a nice gal?

Yeah ... a boss putting his hands on a subordinate's legs is "tame". Or a boss trying to kiss a woman because he wants to is "tame". Sheesh. :sad2:

To counter, how would some of you gentlemen feel if a female boss or supervisor would run their hands on your lower back or butt if you were standing next to them? Or made comments about how you looked in that shirt you're wearing or the fit of your pants? Or would graze over your crotch while you're sitting next to them in a meeting or other workplace situation? Would you feel that those moves are warranted and "tame" because she's just a nice gal?
Compared to forcing people to listen to you spank the monkey over the phone, or forcing people to watch you shower, or rape? Yeah it’s tamer

"Tame" is probably the wrong word since there is like a friendly connotation to that (a tame animal vs a wild one). I do think there are various levels though and while all absolutely wrong and should not take place anywhere let alone the workplace, the things you describe there, to me, are at a lower level of bad compared to some of the things Mat Lauer did (for example - that included forceable intercourse). Again, all bad, but different magnitudes

As to how I would feel - honestly, if it was a one time thing I probably wouldn't think much of it. If it happened repeatedly - especially after I would have said something - then it would be a problem and I would go to HR

"Tame" is probably the wrong word since there is like a friendly connotation to that (a tame animal vs a wild one). I do think there are various levels though and while all absolutely wrong and should not take place anywhere let alone the workplace, the things you describe there, to me, are at a lower level of bad compared to some of the things Mat Lauer did (for example - that included forceable intercourse). Again, all bad, but different magnitudes
You put how I felt and reacted to the situation perfectly, thank you for the professional response

Boy, it must be nice to work as a woman at Pixar in a pretty closed, hard to get jobs industry for a boss who limited his sexual crimes to misdemeanor and low level felony assaults vs an NBC boss who went full 20-to-life high level felonies for his crimes. I'm sure they are looking forward to Lasseter's still planned return in 5 1/2 months...

Boy, it must be nice to work as a woman at Pixar in a pretty closed, hard to get jobs industry for a boss who limited his sexual crimes to misdemeanor and low level felony assaults vs an NBC boss who went full 20-to-life high level felonies for his crimes. I'm sure they are looking forward to Lasseter's still planned return in 5 1/2 months...

I don't think anyone is saying this. But in this country there is assault and murder, and they are different. There is a hug that makes someone uncomfortable, and being locked in an office and forced into a sexual act. We can admit all are wrong, should be punished, and shouldn't happen without equating them as the same thing. And no, I'm not saying that Lassetter did one or the other. I don't know. I do know I'm not real happy with what I've heard and I want the truth to lead to consequences.

Um, no one is saying that and in fact we have all said both are horrible and should be dealt with - but thanks for twisting things

Um, no one is saying that and in fact we have all said both are horrible and should be dealt with - but thanks for twisting things

There's no twisting of facts...it's just laying them out exactly as they are right now. Coldly and factually without "Disney magic" somehow making it all not seem so bad...no, it's bad, really bad...

His alleged acts, verified by multiple witnesses, are criminal misdemeanors and low-level felonies. Just like you don't get a free punch against another guy at a bar, you sure as hell don't get a free grope of a woman at work, drunk or not. I knew this at 15 on my 1st job, when I had the phone in hand ready to call the cops with my 21 year old male manager backing me up against a handsy, drunk patron (who was permanently banned from the location for good).

Lasseter is also still planned to return to Disney as boss of the animation department. There has been no investigation or movement by Disney to not welcome him back at this point. I mean, the article upon article coming out with victims asking not to be named b/c they worry about reprisal is not b/c they think Disney has their backs right now...

There's no twisting of facts...it's just laying them out exactly as they are right now. Coldly and factually without "Disney magic" somehow making it all not seem so bad...no, it's bad, really bad...

His alleged acts, verified by multiple witnesses, are criminal misdemeanors and low-level felonies. Just like you don't get a free punch against another guy at a bar, you sure as hell don't get a free grope of a woman at work, drunk or not. I knew this at 15 on my 1st job, when I had the phone in hand ready to call the cops with my 21 year old male manager backing me up against a handsy, drunk patron (who was permanently banned from the location for good).

Lasseter is also still planned to return to Disney as boss of the animation department. There has been no investigation or movement by Disney to not welcome him back at this point. I mean, the article upon article coming out with victims asking not to be verified b/c they worry about reprisal is not b/c they think Disney has their backs right now...
Frankly we don’t know what Disney is doing. Not defending them, just saying none of us are privy to that info no matter how many sources there are. They could be investigating internally. We don’t know and Disney isn’t going to tell us. I don’t think anyone here is really denying that what he is accused of doing is criminal.

Lasseter is also still planned to return to Disney as boss of the animation department. There has been no investigation or movement by Disney to not welcome him back at this point. I mean, the article upon article coming out with victims asking not to be named b/c they worry about reprisal is not b/c they think Disney has their backs right now...
We don’t have a lot of facts. Nobody on either side of this has come out publicly except for the Lasseter statement.

We don’t know if he is currently planned to return. We don’t know if there is an investigation or not. Those are the facts unless Disney gave you some exclusive info.

You make it sound like everyone here is advocating what Lasseter did. And frankly every single post I’ve seen has shown absolute disgust for what he’s allegedly done. I have no sympathy for him in this case. And I would hope that Disney would take action to remove him if these allegations are true.

But the fact is none of us knows what’s happening behind closed doors. And until more news comes to light we’re left with alot of guess work as to what is/isn’t happening

We don’t have a lot of facts. Nobody on either side of this has come out publicly except for the Lasseter statement.

We don’t know if he is currently planned to return. We don’t know if there is an investigation or not. Those are the facts unless Disney gave you some exclusive info.

Variety asked and Disney was silent...silence is always an answer...usually not a good one...the Weinstein Company thrived on it...as did NBC til the news piece was coming out...it's like a trend - admit only what you have to, when you literally have no other choice...for both perps and corporate officers (b/c it's not like the NBC corporate-level folks are doing anything right now but "oh, we never knew")...

I mean, Jeff Zucker "I didn't know this Matt"...

Are you joking? You absolutely were twisting things as no one even remotely implied women were fortunate to work at Pixar - rather agreeing with you that he should be punished. He should never come back to work at Disney - but they need to do things legally ... you can't just fire someone over anonymous quotes in an external publication

And do you know for a fact Disney isn't investigating it? I don't know if the are or aren't but none of us know all the facts or details

Variety asked and Disney was silent...silence is always an answer...usually not a good one...the Weinstein Company thrived on it...as did NBC til the news piece was coming out...it's like a trend - admit only what you have to, when you literally have no other choice...for both perps and corporate officers (b/c it's not like the NBC corporate-level folks are doing anything right now but "oh, we never knew")...
I can ask and they can give me silence too. Disney has a right to say nothing just like Variety has a right to ask.

There are very few facts right now in this situation. I think we need to take a deep breath and wait. We are doing no good getting worked up over this on an online forum. I think everyone here agrees he did something wrong. We don’t know the extent and we don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.

I mean, Jeff Zucker "I didn't know this Matt"...
There are many reasons for silence. If they are investigating they wouldn’t be able to say much. That’s kind of standard. That being said I don’t like the silence at all. I’d prefer some sort of response or at least an acknowledgement of what’s happened. Time will tell if the response Disney gives to this is appropriate. It’s still early.

Agreed. Alot of this depends on what Disney can verify to dates and locations. I also noticed that some of those making the most serious allegations in the Hollywood Reporter and other publications are male (based on pronouns), they might repeat generally what they know or witnessed to Disney, but...it is POSSIBLE they will not identify victims by name or identifying details, leaving that decision to the women themselves out of respect. Indeed, maybe going to the media was an attempt to do it anonymously and protect the victims.
So how many first hand accounts wil Disney get?
I don't know. But I am still so sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!