Lasseter Taking Sabbatical over "Missteps"

Indeed, maybe going to the media was an attempt to do it anonymously and protect the victims.

Look at the woman who first spoke out against Sen. Al Franken ... she spoke publicly, eloquently and strongly enough that it left little doubt that she was harassed and assaulted, or at minimum that her feelings that her behavior towards her were harassment and assault were justified. But, of course, she was drug through the mud in the court of public opinion after she spoke up - from her history as a Playboy Playmate to other transgressions she may have made earlier in her life, none of which would ever make her deserve to be treated the way she was.

To endure the behavior is awful enough ... but to have to go through the victim-shaming and other things that ultimately follow - regardless of situation - is just too much. And that's terrible, but that's also how our society is now. Women can be viewed as lesser individuals and victim-blaming/victim-shaming is a real thing. :sad1:

There are many reasons for silence. If they are investigating they wouldn’t be able to say much. That’s kind of standard. That being said I don’t like the silence at all. I’d prefer some sort of response or at least an acknowledgement of what’s happened. Time will tell if the response Disney gives to this is appropriate. It’s still early.

This is very well said. Thank you. I just want to hear SOMETHING. Just acknowledging that they were looking into it. Anything. I saw a piece today that was pretty ugly, but it was from a political site, so I don't know if I could/should share it.

This is very well said. Thank you. I just want to hear SOMETHING. Just acknowledging that they were looking into it. Anything. I saw a piece today that was pretty ugly, but it was from a political site, so I don't know if I could/should share it.

Does the site begin with a B?

I'm drawing a blank. Could you provide a little more?

I can't see Disney sweeping this under the rug. They might be overly slow and cautious but the truth will come out. I hope....

I could see them trying to sweep this under the rug until January: they've got a lot of money riding on the next month for one reason or another. If there's a risk this could attach itself to Disney as a whole rather than just Pixar/Lasseter, then why not wait until the money presses are idled before letting it blow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter