Last 3 Non-WDW vacations you've taken

These are all high on our list for next year's Europe trip. Which would you recommend most?

well Ive lived in Edinburgh and London so both I love for different reasons.

I was in Lisbon for Web Summit Conference. It was my first time to be be there. Im going back again in November to 2019 Web Summit and I cant wait to see more of the city.

Like a PP said you can take a train between London and Edinburgh, its about 5 hours, I have done it multiple time when I lived there.

It depends on what you are looking for.

All are modern cities with huge amounts history.

Edinburgh and London are both English speaking

Lisbon is in Portugal and I dont speak Portuguese. However Im very comfortable in non English situations, so not speaking the language did not bother me. I used public transport, went shopping and walked around the main city centre and was fine.

The weather is very different in Lisbon , compared to Edinburgh and London. Its a south Europe city, and the temperatures would be very like the Mediterranean cities. I was there in November and to me it was a summer day in Dublin, or London or November. The time of year you visit would be something to think about. Summer would probably very hot and remember that in Europe, the availability of air conditioning is not the same as in America. I would also avoid November, the week of Web Summit, as hotel and flight prices and availability will be crazy.

These are all high on our list for next year's Europe trip. Which would you recommend most?

I will add that it doesn't have to be either/or. There are cheap flights within Europe so that if you plan well in advance, London or Edinburgh to Lisbon is aobut $40 on Ryan Air. There are many low cost European carriers such as Eurowings, Easy Jet, Wizz Air. And you don't have to fly RT to Europe. You can buy two one-way tickets so you don't have to get back to the city of your arrival. You may be able to save time and money that way.

I will add that it doesn't have to be either/or. There are cheap flights within Europe so that if you plan well in advance, London or Edinburgh to Lisbon is aobut $40 on Ryan Air. There are many low cost European carriers such as Eurowings, Easy Jet, Wizz Air. And you don't have to fly RT to Europe. You can buy two one-way tickets so you don't have to get back to the city of your arrival. You may be able to save time and money that way.

It's mostly time constraints that would limit us to one area. We have limited vacation time, so only about a week for wherever we go. We've been considering Lisbon/Porto, Edinburgh and highlands, Brussels/Ghent/Bruges, London, or the Loire most seriously. There's a lot more beyond that we want to get to (or get back to), but those are the top contenders for next year. Probably looking at late spring.

Avalon, NJ
Ocean City , NJ
Avalon, NJ

What can I say we love the Shore . All were in the last year.
We rented a beach house in Avalon 3 years ago and a house in Brigantine 2 years ago for a family get together. We are going back to a different beach house in Brigantine in July for another get together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter