Last chance family fun?

Lisa Livesay

Earning My Ears
We will have at least 4-5 hours from the time we disembark the cruise ship until we need to be at the airport. Does anyone have recommendations for some last minute family fun we can have to end our first Orlando family vacation? We will have a rental car and my kids are 9, 7, &5. I looked at Kennedy Space Center, but after a week of WDW/cruising I'm hoping to find something a little more budget friendly if possible.

We will have at least 4-5 hours from the time we disembark the cruise ship until we need to be at the airport. Does anyone have recommendations for some last minute family fun we can have to end our first Orlando family vacation? We will have a rental car and my kids are 9, 7, &5. I looked at Kennedy Space Center, but after a week of WDW/cruising I'm hoping to find something a little more budget friendly if possible.

Look at this way & work around it.

By the time you are on ground at quayside the time might be 4 hrs . then find & pick up

rental car time now 3.1/2 hrs .

You have an hour drive to airport MCO further if Sanford , Time now 2.1/2 hours

Hand back car & arrive at checkin 30 .min 2 Hours left to go through security & to Gate.

What you could do is After you pick up car drive to Ron Jon's Surf Shop

& spend a few min. there & then have something to eat on the Pier . & a short walk on the beach

And then back to Airport .

Watch your time ...... It is better to be early at Departure Gate than being Late

Thank you, Woodview! 4-5 hours seems like a lot of time to fill, but with travel related necessities we won't have as much time on our hands. I like the suggestion of just spending some easy time at the beach - in of itself an experience for kids from the upper Midwest!

We did the Crayola Experience on our departure day last month with a 9 and 5 year old. We spent about 90 minutes there before we needed to leave to have enough time to get lunch before our flight home. Their website suggests 3 to 4 hours, which I think is a bit much, but I estimate we could have stayed busy for 2 to 2.5 hours if we'd had the time. My kids both found things that they enjoyed. My 5 year old doesn't care much for drawing but he loved the play structure and the melted crayons spin art.

One trip we stopped in Orlando pre-and post cruise and had a few hours of spare time here and there. We took our kids to the Orlando McDonald's and they had some (free) fun. Go Karting is also really cool (but expensive). They do have courses we don't have here though. Before our flight, we stopped in POR and rented a surrey bike and let my son do some cane pole fishing. What about something like Gatorland, swimming with the manatees, or those airboat rides in the swamps? I've heard Legoland has some very good coupons sometimes. I also like the idea of a beach. We didn't do that since we had covered beaches during the cruise and I've heard the sand is just OK at the beaches near the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!