Last full day - parks or no?

Jen4400

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are traveling in Jan/Feb 2018 and doing a split stay. We have 2 nights at AKL and 7 nights at the Poly, with 5 days in the parks. Usually we spend our last full day at the parks, but I am starting to wonder if we should spend our last full day at our resort.

A little info....we are driving straight through on the way home (13 hours), so our departure will be really early. It is also Super Bowl Sunday, so I know my husband would really like to be home for that, meaning our departure could be extra extra early (think 2 am).

If we do a resort day for our last full day, I'm thinking we can maximize our last park day because we don't have to be up early for the drive or to pack, because we can do that our last day at the resort.

Has anyone decided to skip the parks on their last day? Were you disappointed or happy with your decision? I'm really torn on this one and I have to make a decision relatively soon, as we will be booking FP+ in a few weeks.

Any opinions or personal experience is appreciated!

you know your own schedule best.... and you have 9 nights with 5 park days...so nothing wrong with using them up and enjoying your expensive resort on the last day!

you know your own schedule best.... and you have 9 nights with 5 park days...so nothing wrong with using them up and enjoying your expensive resort on the last day!
Thanks for the response! I'm leaning heavily toward doing just that. :)

Not only am I spending my last full day in the parks, I am even going to a park for a couple of hours on departure day. That's how I feel about being in the parks as much as possible. I'm not saying my way of touring would work for anyone else, but OP asked what others do/have done.

Hi everyone! We are traveling in Jan/Feb 2018 and doing a split stay. We have 2 nights at AKL and 7 nights at the Poly, with 5 days in the parks. Usually we spend our last full day at the parks, but I am starting to wonder if we should spend our last full day at our resort.

A little info....we are driving straight through on the way home (13 hours), so our departure will be really early. It is also Super Bowl Sunday, so I know my husband would really like to be home for that, meaning our departure could be extra extra early (think 2 am).

If we do a resort day for our last full day, I'm thinking we can maximize our last park day because we don't have to be up early for the drive or to pack, because we can do that our last day at the resort.

Has anyone decided to skip the parks on their last day? Were you disappointed or happy with your decision? I'm really torn on this one and I have to make a decision relatively soon, as we will be booking FP+ in a few weeks.

Any opinions or personal experience is appreciated!
PMagic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, for me, are a must. Epcot greatly depends upon personal preferences. I would even consider skipping Hollywood Studios as much of the construction and work has limited it down to three-four main rides. So if you were to skip Hollywood Studios you would maximise your time in other parks. In relation to leaving the last day as a 'rest', I would certainly do that considering the departure time and length of the trip. It will make the car trip a much more pleasant one.

A couple trips ago I had our last day be a resort day and DH and the kids did not care for it at all.

Being that close to the parks for the whole day and not going somehow made it feel like vacation was already over and we were just lingering? I don't know how to explain it lol but it does not work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter