Last Hurrah Breakfast?

nb75685

Earning My Ears
I'd like to book a breakfast somewhere for our final day in Orlando. It will need to be in the resorts since we don't have park tickets that day (obviously). What are your favorite places for breakfast in the resorts? All adults - characters roaming while we eat are fun but not required :) Thanks!

I enjoy Kona Cafe at the Polynesian a lot for breakfast, but I’m sure 90% of these replies will recommend The Wave at the Contemporary. I’ve never been but people rave about their breakfast.

1900 Park Fare if you're looking for a Character Breakfast buffet. Bon Voyage Breakfast would be my 2nd choice for a character breakfast, which is non-buffet.
Boma for a non-character breakfast buffet.

1900 Park Fare if you're looking for a Character Breakfast buffet. Bon Voyage Breakfast would be my 2nd choice for a character breakfast, which is non-buffet.
Boma for a non-character breakfast buffet.
Ditto with Boma as long as you can cope with the fact it's a little noisy. Food is brilliant though!

Our agent booked Whispering Canyon Cafe for breakfast for us one day. She says her family loves it.

We always do Boma on our last day. Great breakfast at a good price for Disney, I think. Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria is also a great choice.

California Grill Brunch is likely in a league of its own but I believe it's only on Sundays. Not sure. For a character breakfast I would pick Cape May Cafe. This is my favorite character breakfast in all of Disney.

A lot depends on where you are staying and where you want to travel to. We stayed at the Boardwalk and did Cape May as our last day breakfast. It was also our favorite breakfast place and buffet. The characters were an added plus. We were also on the dining plan so the cost was already factored in.

Well we will be staying at the Poly next trip and the girls are debating between Kona and Stitch's breakfast before we leave next trip.

The Wave! I have to have brunch there every trip, now. Sweet potato pancakes with that delicious (pecan) butter... Mmmm.

We haven't done this in a while, but Kona Cafe used to be our last hurrah breakfast at the end of every trip. The coffee is amazing and I find the restaurant to be so relaxing and cozy, but also great for people watching. We have always had wonderful waitstaff there. I haven't been since they took away my beloved Samoan Benedict, but the food was wonderful. I'm sure it still is!

We've used Cape May Cafe and Chef Mickey's (both w/characters) as last breakfasts but feeling interactive for all things Disney.

I would also highly recommend The Wave at CR for great breakfast options on a buffet.

We enjoyed the entrees at Kona, way back in '12. I was totally smitten with The Samoan, too. However, you're packed in with other diners and the service is spotty. The Wave was completely different for atmosphere, and a welcome change to the energy you find in most WDW restaurants. The buffet is good, individual entrees are better, the service and calm were stellar. We're going to Boma on our departure day this time, since we're staying at AKL. I'm hoping they have the goat cheese scrambled eggs I keep reading about!
I would pick something convenient. Olivia's at OKW is supposed to be good. Some love GFC. Maybe DS has some breakfast options that appeal?

Edit: We really enjoyed Bon Voyage when we stayed at YC. The food was tasty, except for the kid's pancakes. They're drier than the Sahara. Flynn was exceptional! I had brunch at CG, too, and loved it. That's kind of a food coma event. You want to try so many things, and even a bite of several is too much. Service wasn't as good as I though it'd be, as we were kind of forgotten between buffet and entree. And then after the entree was served.
The kids and I are also checking out brunch at Homecoming, but that's only available on weekends.

Last edited:
This thread just inspired me to book Boma breakfast on our last day. Drop the bags at RAC, uber from Boardwalk to AKL and then uber straight from AKL to the airport. Gives us a last hurrah, a chance to see AKL and saves us an hour of wasted DME time.

So thanks for the ideas!

California Grill brunch is amazing, but only offered on Sundays and expensive. I've gone to 1900 Pare Fare and Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I really enjoyed `1900 Park Fare. What hotel are you staying at? If there's one at your hotel those are good to visit for convenience.

We love the Grand Floridian Cafe and also Olivias at OKW. I honestly feel that Disney just "gets" breakfast, most places I've been really do have a great breakfast! I would absolutely second all the love for Boma too. It's a fun selection and everything is delish!

Thanks for the suggestions! We are staying at a value so no fun breakfasts in house. After looking at your suggestions though, we decided to go with 1900 Park Fare. Mary Poppins all the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter