Last Illuminations Show...gonna be jammed?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
How jammed do ya think Epcot will be on the 30th for the last Illuminations? Thats our big Epcot day...then we do another 1/2 cause its all about Food and Wine....but thinking the 30th will be CRAZY? WHO'S GOING??? Might have to hit Cava for multiple Tequila flights!!!LOL

We have ADRs planned for the 30th and 1st but most likely cancelling both of them - we have young kids and probably wouldn’t even stay for the show so it’s not worth it for us to deal with crazy crowds. Kind of bummed though since I had gotten Akerhaus for 6:30! Right now our plan is to go on 9/29 and 10/2 instead.

I attended the last Wishes Fireworks Show at the Magic Kingdom and it was jam packed crazy. We bused back to the resort; waits to get back to TTC were incredibly long after the show.

I don't know if Illuminations has the same following but based on some of the posts already, it looks like a lot of folks will be at the last one.

I figure it’ll be pretty darn busy, especially heading into the evening. Count me in as one planning a short trip solely to be there. :goodvibes

No, I’m not crying during the last Illuminations, you’re crying during the last Illuminations.

Im also heading down just to see the last showing. And Im fairly certain I will be crying... :sad:

If it's anything like the crowd for the last Wishes, yes.

IMG-6777.JPG

This was the crowd on Main St for the last Wishes, well before the show was going to start.
(I blurred out the face of the person behind me because I don't know them and didn't want to plaster their face on the internet. If it happens to be you, I mean no offense lol)

View attachment 395427

This was the crowd on Main St for the last Wishes, well before the show was going to start.
(I blurred out the face of the person behind me because I don't know them and didn't want to plaster their face on the internet. If it happens to be you, I mean no offense lol)

O M G

View attachment 395427

Im ready and prepared. Hope my friend who is coming with me is. :hyper:

Im ready and prepared. Hope my friend who is coming with me is. :hyper:

As long as you're prepared for and expecting it, you'll be good! We actually had a good time waiting and made friends with people around us. Make sure you have snacks and drinks on hand while you're waiting!

As long as you're prepared for and expecting it, you'll be good! We actually had a good time waiting and made friends with people around us. Make sure you have snacks and drinks on hand while you're waiting!

Ive done NYE at Epcot before. Was an adventure with young kids and the waiting, least it's adults this time. :drinking1

We are also coming down for the last show, so yes, I expect it to be jammed!!!! We booked the dining package even though it's way later than we usually eat. I sobbed through the live stream, I can't even imagine what I will look like that night LOL.

We are also coming down for the last show, so yes, I expect it to be jammed!!!! We booked the dining package even though it's way later than we usually eat. I sobbed through the live stream, I can't even imagine what I will look like that night LOL.

I thought about booking an Illuminations cruise, but decided I would rather be in the crowd that night.

I attended the last Wishes Fireworks Show at the Magic Kingdom and it was jam packed crazy. We bused back to the resort; waits to get back to TTC were incredibly long after the show.

I don't know if Illuminations has the same following but based on some of the posts already, it looks like a lot of folks will be at the last one.
I grabbed my spot for Wishes at the train station platform right after FOF at 3:30pm, and I was not the only one

I expect it to be close the the last Wishes crowd.
As disappointed as I am to miss Illuminations this fall, I don't think I'd want to fight that crowd.

I love the show and an sad it is leaving but will not be there for the last... But will stay at the Boardwalk this summer to watch it most if not all nights... I would have guessed the opening of the new show would draw the real crowds.... But thinking on it I would guess Disney will something special for the last show as well. On a good side you will likely be able to walk on most attractions by 7:30 or 8 or earlier if people are there to secure a good viewing spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter