Last Illuminations Show...gonna be jammed?

Considering that Epcot and all things related has a HUGE following especially among locals and AP holders, myself included ;), I wouldn't be surprised if Epcot gets close to hitting capacity the second half of the day so plan accordingly.
Epcot has a huge capacity though. It doesn’t even usually reach such on the 4th or New Years even anymore.

Yeah, sorry!

I’m more of a parks/entertainment guy than I am a ride guy. Being in the parks themselves and the nighttime “spectaculars” are really more of the “fun” for us vs any particular ride. When I think back at the memories of my youth and now the memories with my own family, more of them are centered around the fire (Illuminations) or Wishes/now Happily Ever After than anything else.

In many ways that’s a big part of what keeps us coming back.

I figure it’ll be pretty darn busy, especially heading into the evening. Count me in as one planning a short trip solely to be there. :goodvibes

No, I’m not crying during the last Illuminations, you’re crying during the last Illuminations.

You won’t be the only one ;)

Im also heading down just to see the last showing. And Im fairly certain I will be crying... :sad:

I'm with the rest of you!! My DD and I will both be crying I'm sure!! :sad::sad:
We luckily anticipated the last show to be Sept 30 and booked the Illuminations dining package at our 180 day mark! So happy we did! Hope to have a great... and comfortable ... seat for the final show! Well worth the $$$ in our opinions!

ugh. Was planning Tuesday 10/1 evening at Epcot making use of the late night EMH, but reconsidering. I have planned another evening later in the week so can catch the new show then.

Any thoughts on how busy the first night of the new show will be? Could it be a good chance to do some rides (not that there are many there...). Is there even any value in the EMH or is it just going to be wall to wall... Contemplating switching our Monday with the Tuesday to catch the last Illuminations (once again trying to make the most of the hoards - haven't seen Illuminations and not sure if it is worth writing off an evening for...)

Yeah, sorry!

I’m more of a parks/entertainment guy than I am a ride guy. Being in the parks themselves and the nighttime “spectaculars” are really more of the “fun” for us vs any particular ride. When I think back at the memories of my youth and now the memories with my own family, more of them are centered around the fire (Illuminations) or Wishes/now Happily Ever After than anything else.

In many ways that’s a big part of what keeps us coming back.

This is me. Been to WDW more times that I can count and the best memories I have are never of being on an attraction. I’ve had reservations at the YC booked since January betting that it would end on the anniversary. We have a 3 day trip to see the last show and hopefully the interim show. I don’t care how crowded it is or how long I have to hold a spot, I’m going to be there....cases of tissues in hand.

Epcot has a huge capacity though. It doesn’t even usually reach such on the 4th or New Years even anymore.

That’s what I meant by CLOSE to hitting capacity (as on NYE), the crowd levels will be much heavier than normal.

How jammed do ya think Epcot will be on the 30th for the last Illuminations? Thats our big Epcot day...then we do another 1/2 cause its all about Food and Wine....but thinking the 30th will be CRAZY? WHO'S GOING??? Might have to hit Cava for multiple Tequila flights!!!LOL

Yes...as others have said, its going to be very busy. The amount of people who want to do or see the last something just to say they saw or did the last something is pretty amazing.

ugh. Was planning Tuesday 10/1 evening at Epcot making use of the late night EMH, but reconsidering. I have planned another evening later in the week so can catch the new show then.

Any thoughts on how busy the first night of the new show will be? Could it be a good chance to do some rides (not that there are many there...). Is there even any value in the EMH or is it just going to be wall to wall... Contemplating switching our Monday with the Tuesday to catch the last Illuminations (once again trying to make the most of the hoards - haven't seen Illuminations and not sure if it is worth writing off an evening for...)

Wondering this too. We're def going to avoid the 30th now but I would really like to use my ADR at Akerhaus on the 1st, but not if the crowds will be almost as crazy as the 30th.

just go the day before and you'll see it one last time, it's not like the last night will be any different

Did anyone hear if they are live streaming the last show? Would be very fun to watch from the comfort of my couch with the A/C blowing. :)

just go the day before and you'll see it one last time, it's not like the last night will be any different
Can't say for sure.... but we are thinking since it will be the last night... the show might be enhanced a little? such as for NYE or July 4th? Same show, but a few added fireworks? Maybe??

Can't say for sure.... but we are thinking since it will be the last night... the show might be enhanced a little? such as for NYE or July 4th? Same show, but a few added fireworks? Maybe??
I've been to a lot of "last day" performances of shows, attractions and parades and they don' really add anything but the crowds add an element to the excitement. It feels like a communal experience (same thing goes for first days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter