Last Illuminations Show...gonna be jammed?

The 30th will be the last full day of our trip and we planned to be at Epcot. Now I am thinking be there for majority of the day, have dinner at Garden Grill and then jump ship. I thought about changing dinner to somewhere in world showcase but do y’all think it will just be crazy hectic around 5 or so?

We plan to be at Epcot both nights..... as I am sure many, many others will be. I expect crowds to be extreme both nights, we are prepared for it!
Yep us too. Only doing a dinner package one night though. We will fight the crowds for the new show. I am hoping for a last show t-shirt or something.

I grabbed my spot for Wishes at the train station platform right after FOF at 3:30pm, and I was not the only one

Off topic, but I was also on the train station platform for the last Wishes! I didn’t get there until 6 though. I was actually surprised there was still space up there. At the time, I had an 18 month old and wanted to help my husband get him settled before I headed out. I booked it out afterward and got on the first boat back to Wilderness Lodge. I could see the swarm of people behind me...insane.

OP, I’d say if you’re going to do the last Illuminations and you’re not staying at one of the Epcot area resorts, be prepared to either race out of the park or know you’re going to be in a sea of humanity and pack your patience accordingly.

just go the day before and you'll see it one last time, it's not like the last night will be any different

It will be for us. The vibe in the crowd for the very last of anything is completely different. I’ve seen it a hundred times, I’m not really going for the show, It’s that it’s the last one that makes it special.

I’ll be there! At one point wasn’t there a rumor about a live orchestra for the final performance? Was that debunked? Do we think there will be special merchandise?

just go the day before and you'll see it one last time, it's not like the last night will be any different
In our case we arrive 9/29 and head straight to MNSSHP...

My guess is New Year's Eve level crowds after about 1 PM.
That’s what I’m afraid of...

It will be interesting to see the Touring Plans crowd updates for those nights when they do their monthly update

If they don’t have FP+ for the final night (or 60+4 isn’t good enough), I may just have to go the New Year’s Eve in Times Square route and wear a couple of Depends unless friends in the area decide to join me so we can rotate bathroom, etc. I have gotten burned before asking people next to me to hold my spot, so I 100% do not trust that.

If they don’t have FP+ for the final night (or 60+4 isn’t good enough), I may just have to go the New Year’s Eve in Times Square route and wear a couple of Depends unless friends in the area decide to join me so we can rotate bathroom, etc. I have gotten burned before asking people next to me to hold my spot, so I 100% do not trust that.
Just get an ADR at Spice Road Table at the appropriate time. That's what we are doing on our upcoming trip.

Our plan is to stalk reservations just in case they put something up for the dessert buffet or fp. Then if not, there’s 3 adults. We’ll get there at opening, stake out a spot and rotate throughout the day. It’s worth it to us. Look us up, you can trust us to defend your spot! lol

Our plan is to stalk reservations just in case they put something up for the dessert buffet or fp. Then if not, there’s 3 adults. We’ll get there at opening, stake out a spot and rotate throughout the day. It’s worth it to us. Look us up, you can trust us to defend your spot! lol
I still think Spice Road is easier, you can get reservations there fairly easily and really it is one of the best places to watch Illuminations from (the same spot was before it was built even).

I still think Spice Road is easier, you can get reservations there fairly easily and really it is one of the best places to watch Illuminations from (the same spot was before it was built even).

What would the appropriate time be?

Edit to add: 6:20 was the only one popping up. I grabbed La Hacienda at 7:30 which is not ideal. Will stalk dessert party or FP+. I’m having brunch with a friend who has to leave before Illuminations or I would try for the DestiNations tour.

We just don’t care for that view and I don’t like the food at all. We have some sentimental favorite spots. But I’m sure it is easier than our plan! lol

Edit to add: 6:20 was the only one popping up. I grabbed La Hacienda at 7:30 which is not ideal. Will stalk dessert party or FP+. I’m having brunch with a friend who has to leave before Illuminations or I would try for the DestiNations tour.
Yikes! I would say about 20 tone minutes before show time, but sounds like that isn't an option.

I had thought about the destinations tour, but since Illuminations viewing isn’t specified, I’m afraid they’d pull it the last night.

Yep us too. Only doing a dinner package one night though. We will fight the crowds for the new show. I am hoping for a last show t-shirt or something.
Are you doing Rose and Crown?? That's where we will be... maybe see you there!
Also hoping for T-shirt and/or other merch!

OP, I’d say if you’re going to do the last Illuminations and you’re not staying at one of the Epcot area resorts, be prepared to either race out of the park or know you’re going to be in a sea of humanity and pack your patience accordingly.
We have reservations at POP! And hoping the gondolas are up and running smoothly!

I’ll be there! At one point wasn’t there a rumor about a live orchestra for the final performance? Was that debunked? Do we think there will be special merchandise?
Live orchestra would be the absolute BEST thing ever!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!