Last minute FP?

Csaks

DIS Veteran
We were only able to book our trip about 40 days out due to family reasons. So getting a FP for the Avatar rides was impossible, I tried a few times each day as you folks suggested, no luck. Now I remember last time we were down. I was able to get FP the night before, for rides. Does this hold true for the Avatar rides? Or do we have to RD or stay till close? The idea of waiting two plus hours for a short ride is not appealing.

Keep checking. I was able to not only get one for less than 30 days out, but I kept checking and was able to move to a better time!

Those of you who have had success, how often do you generally look? I've been doing it in 10 minutes spurts of constant refreshing. I got discouraged with FOP so I switched to 7DMT just to see if I would have better luck moving that time up, but kept seeing the same times over and over.

I'm thinking it will just be easier to do it the day of, while everyone is changing and updating them.

I have the best luck on the same day, or the night before. I have been able to get a FP+ for anything I wanted, including FoP, by very diligent refreshing. Don't let it stop you if the app says there isn't anything . Just keep refreshing the screen as often and as long as you have the time. I got a same day FoP FP+ while we were eating lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue. I more or less ate with one hand and kept tapping the screen with the other (my husband was very tolerant of this because he wanted to ride, too), and lo and behold, I got a FP+ for the two of us for fifteen minutes from then. And right after we tapped in for FoP, I kept refreshing for Navi while we were in line, and I got one with much less effort for right after FoP.

Both times I was able to snag an FOP on the day of (practicing, I immediately released it) I refreshed continuously for an hour. I saw Na’vi come up 3 times one day and 6 times the other day during that hour of refreshing. That was for a party of 2. Others have much better luck than I do, but that was my experience.

I would definitely try the day before, probably multiple times (including around 10 eastern when people might be leaving a park and re-evaluating their plans. But I wouldn’t spend more than 10 mins on it a day before the day before.

We got one for the day of. We were standing in line for the river journey and I checked on my phone. More than 1 FP+ popped up for FOP. We literally walked off of river journey and walked right on to FOP. Don't let others discourage you :)

We tried all day on our AK day and never saw any FoP times pop up and I was refreshing all day long. We did have luck getting Navi River though.

We're devout "refreshers". Generally speaking (there are always exceptions), if you're trying to do it more than 24 hours out, you're probably wasting your time. The odds of getting much are slim. But 24 hours out, and especially 12 hours or less out, the system becomes very fluid. Things add and drop constantly. It's pretty uncommon for us to get one at 20 days out, but it's very, very common for us to get one at 20 minutes out. As for how often I refresh...a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter