Last-minute trip and no time to plan it in!

r3dh3d

Earning My Ears
Help help help..!

Background:

We have 2 daughters: 1 is 15 and severely disabled and can't really travel. The other is 13. The local children's hospice support medically complicated kids as well as end of life, so for the last few years, we have been able to take our youngest abroad while our eldest enjoys herself for a few days at the hospice, which is more like a kids' hotel, really. The tricky bit is that they are hugely oversubscribed so we have to take the dates they give us.

We've just been told that for funding reasons, the hospice can't support us after this year. So this is probably our last overseas holiday.

To further complicate things, our original planned holiday has fallen through. I need to book *something*, fast. The dates are 12-20 July. Husband suggested WDW; though I am sure there is MORE than enough to do there to fill the time I think we'd probably like to spend a few days doing other things in the area as well.

I could probably spend the ENTIRE time from now till departure date reading up, even just on this site, and still not have booked anything. I need to a) work out if we can afford this trip at all, b) make whatever skeleton bookings will guarantee we actually get there for those dates and then c) fill in the details and extras that get the most out of the trip.

Where do I start? Any clue what it would cost for those dates at short notice? Is this best as a package or booked in bits yourself? Do I book the park with an agency or direct with Disney? How are they with changes and flexibility: can I move dates of park tickets, or add things later, or do I have to get it all right first time?

Aaaaaargghhhh! <runs in circles like headless chicken>

I cant tell you what it will cost, but you can check prices on https://www.disneypackages.co.uk/?C...pjlB5XHXJDKavGOGY1kaAhf5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds if you want to stay on Disney, or any hotel chain website to stay off site. Or you could price a whole package with someone like Virgin Holidays or Expedia if you want to book all together. I would say that booking separately is usually cheaper, but this close I don't know I'm afraid.
Rather than chasing around trying to do all of Orlando in 8 days, I personally would book a Disney hotel and just buy Disney tickets and focus on that. You can't possible cover everything that Disney has to offer in 8 days, let alone adding in the expense and time of other parks such as Universal. Eat quick service meals which are cheaper and don't have to be booked in advance, which will take that stress off you. Then all you actually have left to do is booking fastpasses in advance. If you stay at a Disney hotel they also provide return transfers to the airport.

Once you're booked a read a few trip reports on these forums to get an idea of a rough plan for the parks.

ENJOY!!

yes as the other person mentioned for an 8 day trip I would only plan to do things at WDW. Remember the first day and last day will be your travel day so you really only have 6 days to see 4 parks and visit Disney Springs so that leaves you 1 day free. Book everything yourself it is easier to manage that way. If you book with someone else if you have to cancel or rearrange things you have planned you will have to go through the agency you booked with because they own and control the reservation. You will be then limited to the hours they are open for business in order to get them to do anything. Whereas if you book it yourself you can make changes whenever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter