Last Minute Trip

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Just planned a last minute trip for February 11-16. Any thoughts on crowd levels that week. I have been to Disney lots of different times during the year but never February. I was able to get the fast passes I wanted for the most part except Avatar (will keep checking daily) but I noticed as the week went on there was less hotel availability and the prices went much higher. We got an ok rate at the Boardwalk Villas and had a free night that helped tremendously so I am very excited. Just wondering about crowds and if we will be able to eat as we usually do without making too many ADR’s - it is just my husband and I and we like to walk in to most places and sit at the bar or make ADR’s that day for nighttime. Thanks for your help!

I don't think you have anything to worry about (my last minute trip during this time of year was literally last minute; made a decision, got my stuff, got my friend, got in the car and drove down over night). Festival of the Arts at EPCOT will be going on, so that's a neat bonus plus more chance for food without ADR's. As for FP's for FoP, the night before and the day of have been successful as far as snagging some with the refresh strategy. I would assume that the reason it didn't show a lot of choice for hotel was more about it being just next month than anything else, and maybe a small effect from Valentine's Day.

As for ADR's, it's always hit or miss so I don't think there's much different to worry over, it seems to be the same way with some FP's; check the night before if you know where you want to go, if not check day of, if none available you can try walkup, but have a backup. The Lounges are always a good bet. Crowds were more than in the summer (which is now the "slower season") but nothing unmanageable.

I don't think you have anything to worry about (my last minute trip during this time of year was literally last minute; made a decision, got my stuff, got my friend, got in the car and drove down over night). Festival of the Arts at EPCOT will be going on, so that's a neat bonus plus more chance for food without ADR's. As for FP's for FoP, the night before and the day of have been successful as far as snagging some with the refresh strategy. I would assume that the reason it didn't show a lot of choice for hotel was more about it being just next month than anything else, and maybe a small effect from Valentine's Day.

As for ADR's, it's always hit or miss so I don't think there's much different to worry over, it seems to be the same way with some FP's; check the night before if you know where you want to go, if not check day of, if none available you can try walkup, but have a backup. The Lounges are always a good bet. Crowds were more than in the summer (which is now the "slower season") but nothing unmanageable.

Thanks - I usually have good luck getting Avatar - even the day before. I realize now that the end of our trip goes into president’s day weekend so that must be why there is limited availability and higher prices at the hotels. Appreciate your input.

President's day is a long weekend for schools in the Atlanta area, so I assume it's the same all around the southeast. We are headed down there for it.
Expect crowds, and you'll have nothing but upside if the crowds aren't that bad. ;-)

President's day is a long weekend for schools in the Atlanta area, so I assume it's the same all around the southeast. We are headed down there for it.
Expect crowds, and you'll have nothing but upside if the crowds aren't that bad. ;-)

I think Friday and Saturday will be the worst. We won’t in the parks Friday and Saturday we have planned at DHS in the morning and Epcot later. Will count on that day being pretty bad crowd wise.

Just planned a last minute trip for February 11-16. Any thoughts on crowd levels that week. I have been to Disney lots of different times during the year but never February. I was able to get the fast passes I wanted for the most part except Avatar (will keep checking daily) but I noticed as the week went on there was less hotel availability and the prices went much higher. We got an ok rate at the Boardwalk Villas and had a free night that helped tremendously so I am very excited. Just wondering about crowds and if we will be able to eat as we usually do without making too many ADR’s - it is just my husband and I and we like to walk in to most places and sit at the bar or make ADR’s that day for nighttime. Thanks for your help!

Crowds should be manageable. I just got back from a trip Jan 7th-12th and that was with the marathon crowds and it really wasn’t that bad. I can only imagine Feb will be even lower crowds.

We were able to walk right into Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Nomad Lounge, Trader Sams, and get all our ADRs with maybe a 5 minute wait at the most.

Even got a same day Slinky Dog Dash FP directly after getting off the ride. Was able to turn right back around and go on again!

I’d expect crowds starting on the 15th and heavy on the 16th, the schools in the northeast are off the following week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter