Last minute worries

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
We board Freedom in Port Canaveral on the 26th. My paperwork shows that boarding is allowed from 11 to 3. So if we leave the Universal area at 10 we will be fine, right?

How does disembarkation work? What is the latest time people get off? Does it work like on dcl where bags are out out at night and you pick them up after you leave the ship and before going through customs? Alas it seems our flight is 16 minutes too early for Luggage Valet. (12:14pm). I have a pickup arranged at 9. Of course if something goes awry on the road we will be in trouble. But since I don't know how early you can get off I'm at a loss.

These worries are ridiculously last minute. I was worried about the whole rest of our trip and finally have the mental energy to think about things. Hoping people have some thoughts for me!

My paperwork shows that boarding is allowed from 11 to 3. So if we leave the Universal area at 10 we will be fine, right?
Yes

How does disembarkation work? . . . Does it work like on dcl where bags are out out at night and you pick them up after you leave the ship and before going through customs?
Yes
Woody

Thanks Woody. (Sitting in the hotel room watching Toy Story right now so your name is fitting)

New thing to think about. We can take carryons on, right? Obviously we have tote them around until the room is ready but we can still do it?

I've completely forgotten every detail of our RCCL honeymoon 10 years ago. Plus that was out of Vancouver and back then we didn't have roller bags and packed much more minimally. Oh and didn't have DS. :)

Im assuming that you are driving from Universal to the port. It should be about an hours trip from US to PC, maybe a little more.
Take Universal Blvd south to the Beachline east, and when you run out of road, your there. Stay in the right lane until after you pass the KSC exit, as its easy to get caught in the wrong lane, and its a real pit.. to get back to the port area from KSC.

Assume you provided RCCL with your flight information. Did you follow their guidelines as to the earliest flight bookable? If you're ready to depart when the ship is cleared you should be good barring any customs/TSA issues.

You could always self-disembark;), certainly easier said that done with a split trip and lots of luggage to carry.

Haven't sailed RCCL out of PC, but 8 am tends to be the time most lines want you to vacate the cabin.

We actually have fltours booked both ways, and they seem to indicate it will be fine. Whimper.

Keisha I know we don't work for the luggage valet, but I think we will be fine assuming we get off early. We are booked with miles on united so changing isn't horrid but I still worry. Booked based on DH having to be home for work and based on ds's rotten experience with a late and then delayed flight home in October. Too late to worry now. Time to just experience. And do some laundry here at Portofino lol.

sounds good, the company should know the timing since they can't afford bad reviews.

speaking of valet, make sure to grab a porter when you collect your luggage (pre customs) they will speed things along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!