Last sunburn you had

Disneylover99

DIS Veteran
And what do you put on your sunburn?

I'm usually pretty careful, but I really screwed up today in this unseasonably hot weather. My neck, shoulders and nose are burnt. I put some Aloe Vera jelly on it.

I also use Aloe. Last one was this summer when we were on vacation,I was out in the sun for too long, and I didn't think to reapply sunscreen. I always get burned on my nose, cheeks, and chest the worst. Shoulders too if I'm in a tank.

And what do you put on your sunburn?

I'm usually pretty careful, but I really screwed up today in this unseasonably hot weather. My neck, shoulders and nose are burnt. I put some Aloe Vera jelly on it.
I use lots of lotion (preferably with aloe in it) and a skin numbing spray. Repeat often all day.

Ocean potion after burn made for sunburns with alone, lidocaine and other ingredients to take the sting out.

I'm very fair skinned and it really soothes the burn and minimizes peeling. I've got more color to my skin than I've ever had.

In a pinch, vinegar will sooth a sunburn

But you'd still need some sort of lotion. Vinegar is drying, and dry skin will make the sunburn hurt even more later. Using lotion (lots of oily lotion) keeps skin soft so it won't peel as badly.

Yes, and I said in a pinch it would sooth a sunburn.

Op already used aloe. I'm thinking where I am it's already 920 PM and the discomfort of a sunburn shows up a little while after the burn occurs. At 930 PM I wouldn't be venturing out for lotion and most people have vinegar on hand, so I would use that to soothe tonight until I could get out tomorrow for lotion or something else.

For my red headed child this summer, I mixed aloe gel with lavender essential oil. You can add peppermint essential oil to it also. The redness was greatly reduced overnight and it did not peel.

It's been a long time, probably decades. I got burned pretty badly at WDW a few times so I made sunscreen a big priority on my Disney trips. In fact I use sunscreen anytime I'm outdoors for more than a few minutes. I guess I used some kind of aloe for burns.:)

Ouch.... it's been awhile because I hate being sunburnt. I have to use spf 50+, I wear a hat in the sun and try and keep covered up if I'm going to be out for extended periods, I HATE being sunburnt....lol. But when I have been burnt, aloe is a true lifesaver.

I can't remember the last sunburn I had. SPF 50 is my friend, and my Doctor STILL chews me out for being too tan.

Like others, it's been a while. I burn easily so whenever I am going to be outside for more than a few minutes, I slater on sunscreen and wear a hat. It's kind of like second nature at this point and in the summer I even keep a can of sunscreen in my car in case I forget or if we unexpectedly are going to be outside. A few summers ago though, I did burn the tops of my feet. We were visiting friends at a lake and were sitting by the water in the shade, but my feet were in the sun and I forgot to put some sunscreen on them. That night they hurt like crazy. I soaked in cool water and put aloe on them.

It's been a long time, probably over 20 years since I had a bad one. I got a lot of burns as a kid, and now I'm very careful - long sleeves, hats, tons of sun screen.

I've always heard not to use lotion on burns ... that it traps the heat in.

Aloe with Lidocaine, takes out the burn and numbs your skin. It's the blue Aloe gel

Worse burn was in St Maarten at Orient Beach - nuff said:laughing::scared1:

Last sunburn was Sept 15, football game of all things, it ended up being about 95 degrees, had on a baseball style cap and side of face and one arm got burned, aloa jel is your friend, lol. We were also in Disney this year for 2 weeks in July and never got burned, watched it alot closer I guess.

End of August. Went to my daughter's tennis tournament intending to stay for only a short time and ended up staying all day. Oops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter