Last time you rode a horse

I guess every horse is different. The strange thing is seeing a horse get spooked. I was on a horse-drawn wagon when one of the horses got spooked by a divider fence falling down (was knocked over by another wagon). It literally wouldn't start pulling the wagon for about a minute, although I guess we were lucky because a spooked horse could have possibly been uncontrollable.

I was probably in my early 20s but really have no clue. Wasn't a big horse fan anyway.

It was 2013. We went horseback riding across the Gettysburg battlefield for our 5 year anniversary. I had had lessons as a child (not many because I worked for the stable and in lieu of payment was given lessons, but my mom had the heebee jeebies from the stable owner and stopped allowing me to do that. He was arrested a few later on pedophilia charges), but I wasn't very experienced.

My horse kept stopping to snack and DH's horse bit the guide's horse in the romp. It was a lot of fun!!

My wife owns one and I have never been on him. I visit him with her from time to time. Big strong guy. Does the 1 meter jumping circuit in Ontario. But for me it's been a long time.

The last time I rode was when I was 17. I started working at a local farm when I was 11 in exchange for riding lessons and later just the privilege of exercising some of the horses. I volunteered with Riding For The Handicapped in college, but I never actually got to ride the horses. wow, 18 years ago, time flies.

We had a horse until 1991 when he got cancer and had to be put down. So then.

7 or 8 years. We used to do riding excursions fairly often on vacation but DH decided he was done after a particularly butt-punishing experience through the mountains. It's unlikely we'll ever do it again although I would have liked to experience one of those "along the beach and into the ocean" rides I've seen.

Too long ago. Before I had my kids. I went with my SIL (actually my DH's brother's girlfriend) who worked at a barn and cared for horses. We rode for about an hour through the woods and it was great fun. :lovestruc I always wished I'd grown up riding horses. We did have a few in the city, but not many. We also rode on the beach in Aruba but I still feel badly for those horses many years later. They kept telling us to "hit it with a stick", and the young boys around the barn yard were throwing stones at chickens and what not. It bothered me. I know I've ridden more but I can't remember where right now. Those two were the most memorable.

I'm a full-time professional riding instructor and horse trainer. We own 7 and board an additional 22 here on our farm. I have about 40 full-time riding students (taking regular weekly lessons)...horses are my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter