Last trip?

SpiritedHaunts

Mouseketeer
I am now planning a "no plan" trip as a last hurrah. As most everyone knows the prices have gone up and the fun things, for us like Off Kilter and others, has been taken out.

This may be the last time because we stay at the Dolphin and the availability at a lower rate might have come to an end. Plus I was looking at eBay for some reason and decided to look up figment, boy has he changed.

I don't want our last trip to be surrounded by so much change. We would like to go to a few rides. We have tried this one before, going with the plan to start late and end early, and we could not be in the parks all day.

The last few times I have been using a wheelchair that I can push or pushed in in the queues. But I think that now with an additional diagnosis of bursitis on both my feet and other places I think it maybe time to not walk but use a cart.

Any advice? We are planning on going September 11th through the 16th.

Last edited:
We love "no plan" trips - and those tend to be the ones where we have made the best memories!

The only thing I ever plan for on a "no plan" trip is to get MemoryMaker/Photopass. That way, everyone is always in the picture, and I don't have to worry about getting a great picture!

Although I can tell you are sad because it seems like many of your most favorite things are gone, if you remain open to trying new things, you may find some surprises - and maybe even some new favorites! It's so very easy to fall into the rut of doing the same things over and over at Disney World, but we now try to do at least one new thing (or one thing we haven't tried in a long time) every trip, and have at least one meal at a food service location we either haven't tried yet, or haven't been back to in a long time and visit at least one Resort each trip as well. Disney Springs has become a large part of our trips, and I have found several musical groups there (Gerado Manrique is currently my favorite, and I found his music on iTunes) that have led me to experience new kinds of music that I now love to listen to even when we aren't at Disney World.

Try to be open to things that you may have not really paid attention to in the past; as you no doubt know, you can have an amazing vacation at Disney World and never ride a single because there is so much else to do. (and I have done trips like that!)

And remember that although on-property prices will (probably always) go up, there are TONS of hotel rooms near Disney World; the Flamingo Crossings rooms are starting to come online now for bookings, and Disney has begun extending many of the same benefits that Resorts guests have to the Disney Springs hotels as well.

Don't think about what you *can't* do - look for what you *CAN* do, and then be ready to have fun! :)

BTW, I was just perusing PortOrleans.org, the fansite for POFQ and POR that is run by another DISboards member, Andre'. Here's a direct quote from his website (emphasis mine):

"Port Orleans French Quarter’s Scat Cat’s Club does not currently have "official" resident musicians, but filling the gap admirably are Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes, two members of the fabulous Off Kilter rock band which used to perform in Epcot’s Canada pavilion. Occasionally when one of the boys is not available, Greg Hayworth (from Mulch, Sweat & Shears) will sit in. The dates are only announced a month or so in advance (generally most Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays) but if you happen to be around for any of their evenings (8:30pm—11pm) do yourself a favour and pop along, they are highly recommended." (link to the page where I found this info)

So, there you go... You may still be able to enjoy a bit of the music you enjoy; just in a different location! :)

Thanks for the replys. We are going to have to make a decision soon. Trying to see if we can find out how many days are on which ticket is a pain.

This trip would be fun, but we would definitely be going for the last time (Hopefully not). The hotel we stay at is cheeper for us than the value resorts. That legacy program has stopped. These are the only days that were available.

We are trying to decide if going, "one last time" would make us to sad to enjoy it. And even sadder if we are hurting and can only stay in bed. Maybe having our last trip there be our last trip as we didn't know it was our last.

Hope that's understandable.

If this is truly your last trip for physical reasons, and I'm terribly sorry to hear your pain is so bad (I have a teen in constant pain so I get it), then I say go and push yourself to get up and enjoy all you can. It may be minimal park days and more pool/hot tub time but do what you can and relish in it. Can you take time to rest when you get home?

If you are not going again because of changes, I'm sorry and I feel ya. WDW has cut several of my favorite rides and shows in the last couple of years. I just try to keep an open mind to new things but I sure do miss my 'oldies but goodies'!

I would go ahead and schedule my available Fastpasses for the time window I thought I'd be most likely to be in the park. If you happen to be there and feel like going on that ride, great - if you don't, then you don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter