Late August families booked at POP

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Are you keeping your reservations.. Do you think POP will be open for us? WHat are your thoughts and dates?

We are Aug21 through 30th, we definitely plan on going, even before the quarantine I was stuck at home 24/7 so I have been living for this trip. AS LONG AS I CAN get reservations for the parks Ill be ok.

I dont mind the no parades or character meets, the fireworks kind of bother me as it was always a big part of our trips but..

Im annoyed that epcot wont open until 11 am, we like to take mid day swim breaks and now that wont happen on our epcot days..

Im still excited and waiting on pins and needles for Gov to sign off so disney can announce some of their plans..specifically on resorts and restaurants, fast passes and how and when we will make our park reservations..

We're booked 20th-29th. As of now, looking like we will likely keep it unless the first few days they are open give us second thoughts. Will only have 4 or 5 days between 7/15 and 7/20 to see how things are going with all 4 parks open.

We're with you on some of the later opening times. We like taking a mid day break to get out of the peak sun/heat, but won't be possible with Epcot opening at 11. Will also miss getting to see SWGE and Pandora at night.

I’m August 16 to Sept 4 it is hard for me to think about not taking a yearly trip after 23 consecutive years but it does require a 7hr flight in a tin can and I have 2 family members that are high risk for the virus. I’ve been an essential worker since this mess started and I like everyone else was sooo looking forward to my holiday...ah well. Waiting to see what’s offered before I cancel first I think. Want to keep my free dining and just switch to next year! But then our Governor hasn’t opened up our state for travel yet either that’s phase 3 and we can’t get out of 1 yet. Heaven help us all! :wizard:

Reading the wording about the dvc resorts it says they open june 22 for members and guests and no word on other resorts.. does anyone think they will move us to a dvc resort?

Booked at Pop end of August. Pretty sure we will be cancelling and rebooking for 2021.

Reading the wording about the dvc resorts it says they open june 22 for members and guests and no word on other resorts.. does anyone think they will move us to a dvc resort?

they might move you to a moderate

they might move you to a hotel that has a DVC component to it. Which is pretty much all the deluxe resorts

It's hard to guess what will be the same and what will be different between the re-opening date and late August.

My guess is that Disney would like to have Skyliner resorts open due to the Skyliner being very social-distancing friendly. But only time will tell.

There have been some posts on Facebook of people getting emails from their travel agents stating they will be moved to a DVC resort. One girl was booked at Pop and the other booked at All Star Movies. Their stay dates were at the end of July into the beginning of August. I’m not sure what Disney is doing. Maybe they are only opening the ones they mentioned already and not opening any others.
She posted the email all the DVC resorts are listed on it. Polynesian, Grand Floridian, AKL etc... the email said that they would not get to choose but be placed in one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!