Late August

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Now that I've got my quasi-stepson into WDW and he's getting older (10), I am now forced to become a Summer Vacation Disney Person. :( We are planning our next trip Aug 19-24 (monday-saturday so it doesn't interfere with his football games). This is the last full week of summer vacation here in Mass. I have been in September so I am well aware that it will be almost as hot as standing directly on the sun, it will rain, my hair will be huge and the air will be so thick you can cut it with a knife. I am hoping for lower crowd levels than I've experienced my last few trips, especially since some of the newer areas will have been open for a while (avatar land and toy story land) and it's too early for star wars land, and it's just before the start of food & wine. This is my 14th trip (i think??) and definitely won't be my last so we plan to be laid back and make FP for what we Must Do, spend LOTS of time at the pool and not running around on a crazy disney itinerary.

My question is... If I am planning to hit parks in the mornings and evenings to avoid the worst of the day, how late are the parks open at that time of year. The last time I was there in early fall, MK closed at like 6, HS at 7 and AK at 5. Is this still the same? I dont know how to break up the days to include lunch or dinner, pooltime and a nap if the parks close early.

You can probably expect MK to be open til at least 10pm (6pm on party nights), Epcot 9pm-10pm, HS 8pm-9pm, AK 8pm-9pm.

I've been in mid/late August a number of times and I'm a RD til park close person and just find a place to cool off and rest my feet inside the parks.
The effort of walking to a bus, waiting, and walk to my room and then reverse when it feels like 110 out during the sunniest part of the day is not my idea of a break.

Party Nights? Is the MNSSHP happening during this time?? :O In AUGUST?? And yes, I agree with you. And that may not happen for us either. I have a feeling we'll do RD and stay til after lunch and then just spend the rest of the day/night at the hotel pool. But I am a fireworks junkie so I'll want to go back once or a twice during the week for that.

Party Nights? Is the MNSSHP happening during this time?? :O In AUGUST?? And yes, I agree with you. And that may not happen for us either. I have a feeling we'll do RD and stay til after lunch and then just spend the rest of the day/night at the hotel pool. But I am a fireworks junkie so I'll want to go back once or a twice during the week for that.

This year the first MNSSHP was on August 17th and the second was August 24th and then it picked up being every couple of days after that.
If that trend continues for next year I'd venture to guess it would be August 16th and 23rd or perhaps they'd have it be the 20th and 23rd.

Yep! We're in the same boat (also in MA but my kids don't go back to school until after Labor day) but MNSSHP is one of our favorite things so we are hoping to grab the last weekend in August to head down and also do the party!

oh wow! i did not realize that!! well if i have any extra money when the time comes, maybe i'll be able to snag tix to this as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter