Late BOG lunch-- does the 15 minute ADR grace period still apply?

SilSprBea

DIS Veteran
We have a 2:25 BOG reservation next week and we were planning on using it as an afternoon dessert break. However, we want to watch the parade which is at 2pm. We will try and watch from near Liberty Square so we can high tale it to BOG. I doubt we'd make it be 2:25 and was hoping we'd get the grace period. I do know that lunch ends at 2:30. Do you think that means they don't allow the ADR grace period in this situation? I'm starting to think I'll have to chose between BOG snack break and the parade.

We have a 2:25 BOG reservation next week and we were planning on using it as an afternoon dessert break. However, we want to watch the parade which is at 2pm. We will try and watch from near Liberty Square so we can high tale it to BOG. I doubt we'd make it be 2:25 and was hoping we'd get the grace period. I do know that lunch ends at 2:30. Do you think that means they don't allow the ADR grace period in this situation? I'm starting to think I'll have to chose between BOG snack break and the parade.

Just to be clear, there is no such thing as a 15 min grace period for ADRs. If you are late due to something Disney has messed up (a ride breaks down while you're on it), then they will accommodate you. Otherwise, they can just say, "sorry, but you missed your ADR." Whether they give you grace depends on how busy the restaurant is and how late you are. I think most will do their best to seat you no matter the reason for the late arrival, but there is no set grace period.

OP, you could try using the touring plans reservations finder to see if you could get an earlier BoG ADR time. As the date approaches, more people change their plans, so something might open up that could make your scheduling easier.

Disney does not have an official grace period policy. Each restaurant sets its own and it could vary depending on the day, how busy it is, how many are already waiting, whether the restaurant is running behind schedule...

Also, the end of lunch service is only 5 minutes after your reservation. If you arrive after 2:30 it is possible the restaurant will no longer check in any latecomers.

As PP have stated, there is no Grace Period. Because of your ADR time being at the end of lunch, it is likely you will not be seated if you are late because you want to see the parade

ADR Times and Tardiness "411":
1) WDW advises you to be at the ADR 15-minutes early.
2) You are expected to meet your ADR time, just like any other appt.
3) Being on-time is your responsibility, not that of WDW.
4) If late, they *can* cancel the ADR.
5) Under normal conditions, they usually allow up to a 15-minute lateness, but this is kindness, not a Grace Period.
6) If really busy, (eg, Free Dining, Holidays), there might be no Grace allowance.
7) If you miss the ADR, you *might* have the ability to wait for a table.
8) For waiting times, there is no estimate, waits of 1-1½ hrs are common.
. . . if the eatery is not too busy, wait times could be minimal
. . . just depends upon the individual day-time-etc
9) They also have the option of canceling and just sending you away.
10) These options are at the discretion of the SEATER on duty at the podium.
11) Plus, it is up the eatery manager to decide if you get charged the $10/person no-show fee.

NOTE: If it is near the end of the ressie meal period or the end of park hours, do not expect ANY leniency in being late. You are expected to make your ressie time, with zero excuses. Cortesy is courtesy. Plan to make your ressie or ADR times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts