Late Boma reservation... is food still fresh?

princessjadesmom

Mouseketeer
We booked a reservation for Boma at 9:25pm. Boma closes at 9:30. Will food still be available and fresh at that time, or will we be scraping the bottom of the bowls for what’s left? I don’t want to spend that much money and then not be able to have the choices we like. Should we keep that reservation, or book something earlier?

I don't have personal experience eating that close to closing, but I would imagine if you see something running low you can ask for more. I'm sure they will not hesitate to get you what you want.

They are pretty much cooking non stop. You can even watch them while your in line and if you ask for something that you don't like the look of because the bowl is low they will make you fresh.

Yes, everything is still fresh. They have made to order omelets and are continuously refilling the side items. Although they dont take reservations after 9:30, they have many reserve between 9 - 9:30 and do not stop serving until the last guest leaves around 10:30 - 11. I have often gone to Bomas on my last day before I head to the airport. We reserve late morning 9:15ish and linger with coffee after we eat. The restaurant slowly empties out, but I make sure we are by far not the last people to leave. We are usually gone by 10:30, enough time to get back to our resort, grab our carryons and check out by 11.

We've eaten there late and they were still refilling items. Never ran out of anything while we were there.

We are there late when we stayed there ( I think we had an 830p ressie ) and they were still cooking and putting out refills on the food.

We aren't big buffet fans but Boma is top notch and we never miss it. I wouldn't worry.

I'm going to be the negative one here and only share from my own personal experience. A few years ago we did do Boma late and the positive is that they do replenish the food that is moving and almost gone, even up to closing. However, for many of the items that were not moving as fast, they did not replenish them. So in short, there was quite a few items that were sitting at the buffet and not being replaced for the sake of replacing older food. So no, I cannot say that everything was still fresh. While I would say Boma is decent for a buffet, it is still a buffet IMO, and nowhere near as good as a quality freshly served restaurant. I like Saana and Jiko much more than Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter