Late breakfast at Tusker House

Mousestruck2

Earning My Ears
If we make a late breakfast reservation, say 10:45 a.m., and are not seated until 11:00 (even if we check in on time), will we be charged the breakfast price or lunch price?

You'll be charged for breakfast but the breakfast items will be gone from the buffet. We had a nightmare experience with this last time. 95 degrees outside and we waited for more than 45 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. They assured us that breakfast would still be available because what I really wanted was an omelette and the overnight oats, but that was not the case. The food was gone, the wait staff was negligent, and our Genie+ windows were ticking away. Tusker House breakfast is the only character meal I recommend to people but I'll never make a reservation anywhere near changeover time again.

You'll be charged for breakfast but the breakfast items will be gone from the buffet. We had a nightmare experience with this last time. 95 degrees outside and we waited for more than 45 minutes after our reservation time to be seated. They assured us that breakfast would still be available because what I really wanted was an omelette and the overnight oats, but that was not the case. The food was gone, the wait staff was negligent, and our Genie+ windows were ticking away. Tusker House breakfast is the only character meal I recommend to people but I'll never make a reservation anywhere near changeover time again.
I’m sorry you had such a bad experience. That is certainly the downside and a risk of making a reservation around that time. We did it once before and had a good experience. We got to eat breakfast first and then lunch foods once it switched over, so we had a brunch. Maybe I’ll shoot for closer to 10:30.

We had as similar experience with a 1025 reservation and not getting seated until closer to 1050. We rushed to get one round of breakfast food (which is what we really wanted) but then it was all gone despite reassurances there would be some still there past 11. Oh well. On the plus side, the characters came around several times, and we had plenty of meaningful interaction with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter