Late December 2018 availability

catfan98

DIS Veteran
We rented a DVC reservation for our last trip and really enjoyed our time at our villa. We have started looking at a possible December 2018 trip with dates of the 15-22. I'm not sure if we will go the DVC route again, or a regular room, it depends on the number in our party - we may have 4, we may have 5 or 6 - I will make sure to know the exact party size by the the beginning of the year. If we do decide to go the DVC route, will I need to be prepared to inquire at 11 months for this time period, or is there a bit of wiggle room? I have read that early December is prime DVC period due to the low point value (cheap). How far into December does that run? We are not set on a particular resort, although we would prefer not to be at SSR or OKW due to size. Thank you!

f we do decide to go the DVC route, will I need to be prepared to inquire at 11 months for this time period

Yes. That week is not quite as popular as the first week, but any dates in December are best inquired at 11 months. A broker will need time to match you up with points, and in that time availability is taken daily.

There is limited wiggle room. As a renter, do not expect to get AKV Value or Club, BLT Standard (save maybe a 1BR) or BWV Standard (again, maybe a 1BR). SSR and OKW are going to be the easiest points to find.

That will most likely require you look now for a renter, and book at 11 months. If you don't care where you stay you could wait a little but that is a busy time as you noted. Studios go fast, then 2 BR unit. 1 BR tend to be around a bit longer. Good luck and have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter