Late Dinner with Kids

LanaJayne

<font color=blue>Another Sunny Day at Castaway!<br
We were given the late seating for dinner. As far as eating goes, I'm not too concerned as we can have something light to eat around 5 with the kids and then see the early show.
Will this time interfere with kids activities?
We are on a waiting list for the early seating, but I'm wondering how the late seating worked for others.

Would love all comments, suggestions.
Thanks!

It worked out great for us....we even requested second seating for future cruises.

Some of the Advantages:
Get to see shows before dinner.
While the early seating diners are getting ready in the late afternoon, pools and other areas are empty.

Hope it works out for you!

IrishCowboy, thank you so much for that late dining info that you provided. We will be traveling with 4 childen on the 7 Night Eastern cruise in July 2002 and I was also concerned about us having the late dining. Now I think I am looking forward to it.

LanaJayne, I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise!

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

:earsgirl:

On our cruise in October we had early seating with DS-8 and DD-5. We felt very rushed to end afternoon activities and get ready for dinner. Midway through the 7 night cruise we changed to late seating to sit with neighbors and we felt that seating worked best. You are doing so much during the day and everyone is snacking on and off that we were NEVER starving and wishing the meal was earlier. Also, because the dining room staff is not rushing around to get ready for the next seating we felt more relaxed and able to enjoy the end of our meal or dessert. If there was an activity the kids wanted to get to then we let them eat and head off to the Club. They finish so much quicker, anyhow. Hey, it's vacation, "island time". We've even requested late seating for our 1/19 cruise.

Have fun!

We were on the late seating on the 12/8/01 Magic and it was perfect! My DD-5 was able to watch the show and still enjoy dinner with DH & I. She would also go to Kid Camp after the shows so we could enjoy a quiet dinner together. Have a wonderful cruise!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thank you for all your replies.

I feel so much better about the later seating. Just a few weeks to go. We are getting so exicted!

pmgreene & 1 Disney Lovin' Mom, Happy Sailing!

Thanks for your comments!

Just had to add my 2 cents worth - we have done both early and late seating and if we go again this summer I would DEFINATELY choose late. We always felt so rushed to get to dinner and were never really hungry that early. Also, if I'm running late, I would rather be late for the show than late for dinner. The waiters seem to be on a very strict schedule and, in my opinion, frowned upon us if we weren't seated and ready to order around the same time as the other people at their tables. You can always feed the kids early and let them skip the big dinner if they want to go to special activities in the club.

We were just on the 12-22-01 Magic cruise and had the late seating. My husband and I and DD12 enjoyed the late seating but it was not good for my DD4. She got to bed too late and did not get enough sleep. She did eat with the kid's club some days but we were still at dinner and couldn't get her to bed any earlier then about 11:00. I would recommend to get your kids (if you have any) on a late night schedule to coincide with the ship's activities.

:earsgirl:

we took our first cruise last May and had choosen the early seating for dinner. What a big mistake! I have a son who was almost five when we cruised, and felt very rushed to get dressed and be to dinner on time. He ate with us once, and the other two nights went to the club. The day we went to castaway cay we stayed on the beach till the very last minute rushed showered my son got him to the club just intime for him to be in the farewell show. I watched him (took lots of pictures) and rushed back to get dressed and went to dinner with wet hair. RUSH RUSH RUSH. We rebooked for next year land sea pkg 11 days total 4 nights on the ship and requested late seating. This time we can take our time and enjoy a different pace. Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter