Late Night Challenge - AK Triple Play

Babe the Blue Ox

DIS Veteran
Here’s the scenario: Next Monday, AK closes at 10:30 pm. ROL is performed twice, at 9:15 and 10:30.

The challenge is to ride both Navi and FoP in less than an hour and make it to ROL on time for the late show.

Here’s the plan: stroll over to Navi about 9:30. The wait should be 0-5 minutes. Then head over to FoP where the wait will probably be 20 minutes or so. This should give us just enough time to get over to the ROL stadium, which will probably be about half full.

We’ll see how it works.

Even if the wait for FoP is that short, the FoP experience takes quite a while. With FP, I find that we are often looking at 30-45 minutes, entry to exit. (I would advise a backup plan in case this goes kaput.)

Best of luck to you!

Here’s the scenario: Next Monday, AK closes at 10:30 pm. ROL is performed twice, at 9:15 and 10:30.

The challenge is to ride both Navi and FoP in less than an hour and make it to ROL on time for the late show.

Here’s the plan: stroll over to Navi about 9:30. The wait should be 0-5 minutes. Then head over to FoP where the wait will probably be 20 minutes or so. This should give us just enough time to get over to the ROL stadium, which will probably be about half full.

We’ll see how it works.

How did it go?

As another poster mentioned, the whole FOP thing is a LONG experience. I'd factor 20 minutes or so once you get into the pre-show to when you exit the building. Good luck! For a totally unsolicited opinion, I'd say don't feel too bad if you miss Rivers of Light. My whole family felt it was kind of meh

We’re here now... got in line 5/24 around 9:30 for NRJ waited 40 minutes. Got in line for FoP at 10:48 for an 11:00 close and waited 45 minutes (posted time 95 minutes).

5/27 got in line for FoP at 9:30 for a 10:00 close. Posted 135 minutes. Waited 90. Good luck.

And RoL was the most underwhelming Disney show I’ve ever seen. I usually walk away singing the music from the parade or show, not from this. The floats are underwhelming too.

We’re here now... got in line 5/24 around 9:30 for NRJ waited 40 minutes. Got in line for FoP at 10:48 for an 11:00 close and waited 45 minutes (posted time 95 minutes).

5/27 got in line for FoP at 9:30 for a 10:00 close. Posted 135 minutes. Waited 90. Good luck.

And RoL was the most underwhelming Disney show I’ve ever seen. I usually walk away singing the music from the parade or show, not from this. The floats are underwhelming too.

Thanks for the feedback. The waits that you experienced were a lot longer than any others posted over the past few weeks, but I’m hoping that the holiday weekend was the cause.

The wait times should be back down to normal next week. We still plan to see RoL even though the reviews are mixed. We just don’t plan to spend any time waiting for it.

Listed at 95 minutes 5 minutes before close last night, and looked every bit of it. I am one of the few not as impressed with FOP as everyone else, and my daughter and I passed on it. Often a good strategy, but not always.

Our plan is to ride FoP near closing as well. Bummer RoL is underwhelming but that seems to be the consensus.

My family was there Sat. May 5, similar park hours and 2 ROL. We waited 40 min for Navi River (so not worth that much waiting). FoP was still 95 min wait so we skipped it (had already been on with FP) and wandered Pandora which is beautiful at night. We watched Tree of Life Awakening and did Bugs Life then headed to second showing of ROL. Second show was half empty. We had diligently refreshed the app hoping for a River Navi FP all afternoon with no luck, same FoP. Personally we enjoyed ROL.

I don’t think you’ll ever see a wait that short for either of those rides unless you’re in the first group of people getting into the park at rope drop... I’m curious to hear how it worked for you...

I really enjoy ROL. There is something peaceful and beautiful about it. It’s very different from a fireworks show but I wasn’t bored and am looking forward to seeing it again.

All right @Babe the Blue Ox... I see you posting on the DIS so you must be back from your trip. Let’s hear it... how’d it go?

Yes, we just got back yesterday. The triple play challenge didn’t go as planned as the line for Navi was about 10 times longer than expected. The first week in June must have been much more crowded than mid-May when it was being reported as a walk-on late at night.

So what we ended up doing over the last hour or so of the evening was Everest twice, Dinosaur twice, an after dark Safari and Rivers of Light.

I found RoL very entertaining. We walked past the theater during the early show and it appeared to be completely packed. We attended the late show which was about one-third full.

I don’t think you’ll ever see a wait that short for either of those rides unless you’re in the first group of people getting into the park at rope drop... I’m curious to hear how it worked for you...

There were several reports of 0-5 minute waits for Navi 20-30 minute waits for FoP in early/mid May close to closing time. The shortest posted wait I saw on Touring Plans was 16 minutes for FoP.

Last week was much busier though. Fortunately, everything else in the park was a walk on in that evening so we still got to do quite a bit.

We did get to ride FoP twice and Navi once later in the week.

Yes, we just got back yesterday. The triple play challenge didn’t go as planned as the line for Navi was about 10 times longer than expected. The first week in June must have been much more crowded than mid-May when it was being reported as a walk-on late at night.

So what we ended up doing over the last hour or so of the evening was Everest twice, Dinosaur twice, an after dark Safari and Rivers of Light.

I found RoL very entertaining. We walked past the theater during the early show and it appeared to be completely packed. We attended the late show which was about one-third full.

We had a similar experience with the second show of RoL and we enjoyed it as well. Different than the other park's fireworks shows.

How was the after dark safari? I've never done that, just in daylight.

Glad to hear you got on FoP twice later in the week. :thumbsup2 Isn't it awesome?!

There were several reports of 0-5 minute waits for Navi 20-30 minute waits for FoP in early/mid May close to closing time. The shortest posted wait I saw on Touring Plans was 16 minutes for FoP.

Last week was much busier though. Fortunately, everything else in the park was a walk on in that evening so we still got to do quite a bit.

May had low crowds. Definitely an advantage. Glad you were able to make use of your late night time for others rides though.

Sorry that it didn’t work out for you.

We were there on the night of Wednesday, 5/23. At 9:30 PM, we rode Na’vi River as a walk-on two times in a row. We then hiked over to Expedition Everest and some of us rode that at 9:55.

When they got off EE, we got seats for Rivers of Light starting at 10:30. The stadium was maybe 1/3 full. We really liked it too. It’s far from being most exciting show at WDW, but it’s beautiful to see plus the music is lovely. :)

And a tip to any beer lovers. The Thirsty River Bar outside the entrance of EE has Golden Monkey on draft. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!