Late payment

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here ever asked to pay the balance later than the deadline? Is Disney okay with that (I booked directly through Disney UK)?

We've had to fork out for a new fridge freezer, so I'm a bit worried about being able to pay the full balance in time. It shouldn't really be a problem as overtime is available quite frequently at work, and in worse case I should be able to pay it off on the credit card. I just hate paying with my credit card if I can't pay it back before they start adding on interest. I just want to know what my options is. I'm currently paying off bits of the balance as often as I can at the moment, so it wouldn't be much outstanding.

Just checked our booking (also direct with Disney) and the final balance is due 30 days before arrival. I'm not sure on whether they would allow you to pay after this days but generally with credit cards, if you put the payment through on the day Disney say it is due, you won't have to pay the CC back until AT LEAST 1 month later (depending upon when in your CC cycle you put through the payment), so you would have already started your stay before you needed to actually pay the bank back (or start accruing interest).

Ours is due 60 days before arrival. Did you book a different package or something? We booked the hotel with tickets and free dining plan.

Ours is due 60 days before arrival. Did you book a different package or something? We booked the hotel with tickets and free dining plan.

The poster above is probably a US guest who stranded on this side of the Pond and didn't realise we were on the UK part of the DIS
or she's a UK guest who booked a US package

US package have a 30 days balance due deadline

WDTC-UK package have an 8 weeks (56 days) balance due deadline

Disney does not allow for deadline extensions. You may call but be prepared they said NO
They will send you a past due notice if you fail to pay in due time, and they'll give you a very short deadline (like a week) to pay in full, otherwise they'll cancel your booking witn 100% of package value penatly (and they might come after your money)

call them and see what they have to say about it. That's the only way for you to be able to decide what to do .

Apologies for delay, have not been on here for a while. I am British, purchased package through UK website, not sure why, but my 'payment in full date' is 30 days before. Lucky me I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter