Late pics & reviews (Le Cel,Ohana,Spoodles,Scifi,Boma,Chefs,Mama Mel,Trails, CP)

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
OK,
I've just been too lazy to post this but it's lunch time at work and I have time :)

First and foremost we're NOT on DDP

Oh, I just added some pictures so I have to split up the reviews since it won’t let me add too many pics in 1 post.

Le Cel B+
Prime Rib C+
Mushroom Risotto A
Salmon with maple jalapeno spoonbread A+
12119Le_Cellier_Prime_rib_and_Salmon-thumb.jpg

This is a must have for me on every trip, but I have to say that I'm a little disappointed this time around.
I love their mushroom risotto and wasabi shrimp appetizer and have always ordered that every single trip. But this time around I ordered their Prime Rib.
Asked for the side to be switched to Mushroom risotto instead of the mashed potato. Our server said that it couldn't be done (???). So I said fine, I'll add it as a side. Well, she ended up giving me Prime Rib and Risotto only, no mashed potatoes but charged me extra for the risotto. Oh well, live and learn.
Anyways, risotto was awesome as usual but the Prime rib was bland.
I can't believe it.
DBF ordered salmon. This time around they have spoonbread with the salmon, it was too die for!!!! I want to just eat the spoonbread and risotto. Who cares about the protein... LOL!!!!
Next time, I'd order the spoonbread and risotto.

Ohana B-
Meat B+
Chicken appetizer B
Veggies B
12119Ohana_veggies-thumb.jpg

Shrimp and Scalloped potato B+
12119Ohana_shrimp_potato_and_chicken_wings-thumb.jpg

Wonton D-
12119Ohana_salad_wonton-thumb.jpg

Desert A+
12119Ohana_dessert-thumb.jpg

We haven't been here since they changed the menu. So I wanted to try since I liked the original menu so much.
I'm very disappointed. Out of the whole meal I liked the scalloped potato and dessert. I could've passed on all the rest.

Next review Spoodles and Scifi

Thanks for taking the time to post. You've helped me with some of my choices. :thumbsup2

so glad you enjoyed the spoonbread at Le Cellier, I have talked of little else since we got home! The Salmon was good, but the spoonbread was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Thanks for the reviews, but 'Ohana has scalloped potatoes, so no wonder you liked those "mashed" potatoes so much! lol

dixiedizfan said:
Thanks for the reviews, but 'Ohana has scalloped potatoes, so no wonder you liked those "mashed" potatoes so much! lol

mashed scalloped... what's the difference... :rotfl2:
It was very cheesy... hehehe...
okay okay... I'll change my review. It was written from memory, so forgive my brain freeze moment. :teeth:

but definitely not as good as their dessert.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Post 2
Spoodles B+
Starter bread with dip B
12119Spoodles_bread_dip-thumb.jpg

Mediteranian dip A
12119Spoodles_dip-thumb.jpg

Chicken flatbread B+
12119Spoodles_chix_flatbread-thumb.jpg

Fettucini Alfredo C+
12119Spoodles_alfredo-thumb.jpg

Four cheese flatbread A
Lemon chicken with couscous B
12119Spoodles_cheese_flatbread_and_chix_couscous-thumb.jpg

We ate here twice because of the proximity to Boardwalk.
I enjoyed the mediteranian dip tremendously. They were all sooooo good.
The flatbreads are also excellent, altho I liked the Four cheese better than the chicken.
Alfredo was an overcharged pasta dish, could've made it at home but DBF is so darn picky.
Garlic chicken was good, but nothing special. The couscous was just okay, I think Tangeriene cafe makes 10x better couscous than Spoodles.

Scifi B-
Onion Rings C
Burger B+
12119Scifi_burger_and_onion_ring-thumb.jpg

We split an order of rings and burger. On a good surprise they split up the burger on 2 plates. So that was nice.
Onion rings were so greasy, made my tummy feel bad afterwards.

Next review Boma breakfast and Chef de France

Post 3
Boma breakfast A
Nuff said... I LOVE this place.
Their chocolate croissant is oh so yummy.
Yes, I had chocolate croissant for breakfast...
12119Boma_bfast_1-thumb.jpg

Chefs de France Food B+, Service C
Half roasted Chicken B
12119s_roasted_chicken_with_potatoe-thumb.jpg

Tomato and cheese flatbread A
12119s_flatbread-thumb.jpg

Bread starter A+
12119s_bread.jpg

The roll they give in the beginning was soooo good. I want another dozen... LOL!!!
The chicken was yummy but a bit salty. The flatbread was excellent. It's very thin crispy flatbread with fresh tomato and cheese. Very yummy.
Waiter was grumpy. No smile throughout the whole meal.

Next review Mama Melrose and Trails End Breakfast buffet

Post 4
Mama Melrose Food: C+, Service: A-
Osso Bucco with risotto C+
12119Mama_melrose_osso_bucco-thumb.jpg

Cheese flatbread B-
12119Mama_melrose_flatbread-thumb.jpg

Starter bread C+
12119Mama_melrose_bread-thumb.jpg

I had Osso Bucco because I've had one before at Spoodles (a looooong while back, way before DDP) and it was excellent.
This version however, was not too good flavorwise. The meat was tender enough but not enough flavor. Kinda bland. And the risotto was no where near Le Cell's.
They have a bread with roasted red pepper and pesto dip that was decent.
Cheese flatbread was okay, not as good as Spoodles tho.
The food in this place was not great but the service was excellent.

Trails breakfast A-
Mickey waffle, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, cheesy potato, cheesy omellete (do you see a pattern here? :) ), fruits, pastries.
12119Trails_end_bfast_2-thumb.jpg

12119Trails_end_bfast_1-thumb.jpg

The best breakfast with mickey waffle in the property... in my opinion...
The place was pretty empty when we were there so we get to enjoy everything in peace and quiet.
Waffle was fresh and bacon nice and krispy.
Everything is excellent.

Next review Crystal Palace Dinner buffet and ESPN

Post 5
Crystal Palace Dinner A-
Character interaction B
Food A
Service A
12119CP_dessert-thumb.jpg

12119CP_dinner_2-thumb.jpg

12119CP_dinner_1-thumb.jpg

Food was great.
Cinnamon rice, prime rib, mushroom pasta, pork dish. Everything was really good.
Dessert was just good not great.
Out of the 8 items I tried, only 2 were great: Key Lime pie and brownies.
Character comes by to our table all but Tigger. But since I'm only waiting for Eeyore and Pooh I was happy... :)

Almost forgot
ESPN B
Nachos B+
12119ESPN_Nachos-thumb.jpg

Chicken Burger B-
12119ESPN_chix_burger-thumb.jpg

The nachos plate is HUGE. I had to demolish it by myself... :woohoo: since DBF is not a nachos kinda guy. It was good nothing exceptional.

Any questions? :)

Thanks for posting your reviews and pictures, I enjoyed them. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter