Late Sept/Oct or Jersey Week 2019??

Imamom2

Mouseketeer
Planning now as I will have to book 11 mths. out and I'm torn between 9/27 thru 10/01 or 11/06 thru 11/11 2019. I'm a Jersey teacher and we want to do F&W again. We did October 2017 and it was ok but there was so much hurricane stress I'm considering November next year. I've avoided that week because so many of my students go ;) I would love to do the late September trip but the hurricanes have been getting worse and we do make non-refundable reservations with a vacation site. What can I expect for the last week of F&W? We will miss MNSSHP in November and I was hoping to do that, too. Any input would be most appreciated.

I’m a jersey counselor and this will be year 3 for us going Jersey week. I have nothing else to compare it to but you most likely will never see any of your students. The weather is amazing but it is definitely crowded. Especially MK on non party nights. I can tell already by the lack of FPs that it will be crowded again this Jersey week. But I think it always is crowded!go to MVMCP party instead!

I’m a jersey counselor and this will be year 3 for us going Jersey week. I have nothing else to compare it to but you most likely will never see any of your students. The weather is amazing but it is definitely crowded. Especially MK on non party nights. I can tell already by the lack of FPs that it will be crowded again this Jersey week. But I think it always is crowded!go to MVMCP party instead!

Oh I didn't think of the Christmas Party! Thanks, I will definitely consider it.

We may or may not be there during J-week in 2019 but we've been there 4 times before during that time. I think it's WAY overblown as a creator of large crowds. For my money Columbus Day, the weekend prior and the day after are far worse, been there for that, never again. Also, take into consideration if any foot races are going on, they will affect traffic in the parks involved. Avoid the last weekend of F&W, we got out of Dodge the Fri. prior last year.

Bill From PA

We may or may not be there during J-week in 2019 but we've been there 4 times before during that time. I think it's WAY overblown as a creator of large crowds. For my money Columbus Day, the weekend prior and the day after are far worse, been there for that, never again. Also, take into consideration if any foot races are going on, they will affect traffic in the parks involved. Avoid the last weekend of F&W, we got out of Dodge the Fri. prior last year.

Bill From PA

Thanks Bill - Jersey week will probably be the final weekend for F&W so that is a consideration. I do know airfares to MCO are higher that week, too. Lots to consider for us but watching Hurricane Florence now is making me think November is still worth it.

I have been there during the so called "Jersey Week" and found little difference from my October trips. I just had to used to the accents...If hurricane stress is an issue, go in November. We found it "moderate" in terms of crowds. Go when it is best for you. We like October now because we go to Universal also for Halloween Horror Nights.

I went Jersey week in 2017 and I didn’t think it was crowded. Our October trip 2015 was way more crowded. Weather was great too!

I have been there during the so called "Jersey Week" and found little difference from my October trips. I just had to used to the accents...If hurricane stress is an issue, go in November. We found it "moderate" in terms of crowds. Go when it is best for you. We like October now because we go to Universal also for Halloween Horror Nights.

Ok then...

I went Jersey week in 2017 and I didn’t think it was crowded. Our October trip 2015 was way more crowded. Weather was great too!

The weather is really pulling me in - September and October were really hot and rainy and November is looking even better.

We’ve done the last week of September into Oct and we personally thought it was still to hot & humid. We are trying November this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!