Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) I seldom post "rumors" unless I have heard AT LEAST two confirmations.
2) From a meeting 2-weeks ago, I have heard that Artist Point (AP) will become a character meal all day (B-L-D).
3) It is unknown if AP status as a Signature Dinner will have to be downgraded.
4) Whispering Canyon Café (WCC) theming WILL be changed, but details are still vague (VERY vague).

NOTE:
There are no dates discussed for AP or WCC changes.
Also, the characters for AP are still "under consideration".
Yes, I have heard LOTS of speculation, but not from the same sources, so I shall not list those "guesses".
I will update any info as it becomes available.

Back in the day, every Disney Deluxe resort had at least one signature restaurant (i,e., a 2 TS credit).

Will the new AP character meal warrant 2 credits? Or is there some 2-credit place at the WL besides AP that I’m unaware of?

Last edited:

Thanks for the update. I’d find this unfortunate if true. The majority of deluxe resorts have a nice restaurant for couples to have dinner (signature or not). It’s almost as if due to deteriorating quality and service (our last few trips were meh), management is throwing in the towel and adding characters to fill the place again.

I hope they leave the characters to breakfast and concentrate on improving the food quality, service, and theming.

I’ve just returned to our room a couple of hours ago from AP. We had an excellent meal with top notch food, wine and service. It was however only 25/30% full at 8pm. I’m not sure what else can be done to attract more people to dine there though when you can’t see the fire works , which is what seems to attract most Ddp customers to signatures.

I’ve just returned to our room a couple of hours ago from AP. We had an excellent meal with top notch food, wine and service. It was however only 25/30% full at 8pm. I’m not sure what else can be done to attract more people to dine there though when you can’t see the fire works , which is what seems to attract most Ddp customers to signatures.
Most signature restaurants have no view of fireworks assuming that is what you mean by DDP/Ddp eateries; people come to eat a relaxing meal with a more varied menu I suspect.

Most signature restaurants have no view of fireworks assuming that is what you mean by DDP/Ddp eateries; people come to eat a relaxing meal with a more varied menu I suspect.

Point I was making is try and get a table tomorrow at CG/ Narcoossees or Artist point. I know where you’ll have best chance of getting one and the food will be just as good or better than the other two so what else does AP have to do to get more advance bookings ?

Will Artist Point be open this December? Will Artist Point remain table service, or is it turning into a buffet? What changes will be made to the menus at Artist Point and Whispering Canyon?

I had to check the calendar to see if it's april. :eek:

surprised to say the least about them losing the signature dinner experience. Was hoping for the breakfast character meal there though! not princesses.

I could get behind an AP change to a character meal. Maybe in the style of Bon Voyage, which is fantastic but a bit challenging to get to from MK area hotels.

Mickey and the gang in wilderness attire would be great, or focus more on woodland creatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter