Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

Was at WCC tonight. Antics wayyyyy toned down but man alive it was still so loud. Other than walling it in, I don't know what they'll do there to keep it from being loud in that cavern like space.

Food was excellent, though, with the exception of the pulled pork on the skillet. Too dry for us. Brisket was my favorite.

That is horrible news. We loved Artist Point, we ate dinner there twice during our week long stay. It was so nice to have a fine dining experience without characters and noise. The food was delicious and the service top notch. We were so looking forward to another couple of dinners at our next visit.
I agree. I'm a big fan of most character meals, but don't want Artist Point dinner to turn into one.

Well after finding this thread it now makes sense why I cant get an AP reservation for my November trip.

Looks like Oct 21 is the last night (or as far as they are going at the moment for reservations)

1) I seldom post "rumors" unless I have heard AT LEAST two confirmations.
2) From a meeting 2-weeks ago, I have heard that Artist Point (AP) will become a character meal all day (B-L-D).
3) It is unknown if AP status as a Signature Dinner will have to be downgraded.
4) Whispering Canyon Café (WCC) theming WILL be changed, but details are still vague (VERY vague).

NOTE:
There are no dates discussed for AP or WCC changes.
Also, the characters for AP are still "under consideration".
Yes, I have heard LOTS of speculation, but not from the same sources, so I shall not list those "guesses".
I will update any info as it becomes available.
So we should plan on dining at AP in October since it's unlikely it will be available in December?

I agree!

In the 90s we went to the Pocahontas & Friends character breakfast at AP. Pocahontas, Meeko, John Smith and Governor Ratcliffe (and boy was he scary.) I hope the governor never returns!

At Storytellers at the Grand Californian they have the Chip & Dale critters breakfast with Meeko, Kenai and/or Koda from Brother Bear, Chip & Dale, sometimes Brer Fox. I would love the equivalent of this at WL!

We don’t do signature dining at Disney - we save our finer dining for home. I would love
to see a character meal at WL especially since we are considering staying at Copper Creek next trip!
Same here.....we stayed at WL in 1996 maybe? And Gov Ratcliffe scared my son to death!

Sad. Artist Point is one of our favorites. So glad we went on our last trip. I guess high quality food and excellent service is being replaced by characters. I am getting closer and closer to just replacing disney
HaH...Let's be Honest....No you're not!!! We all say that and come crawlin backkk.

So we should plan on dining at AP in October since it's unlikely it will be available in December?
Yes, as long as it's by 21 October. Some dates in December might likely open once AP reopens, but the signs are beginning to point to AP not being a Signature by then.

Yes, as long as it's by 21 October. Some dates in December might likely open once AP reopens, but the signs are beginning to point to AP not being a Signature by then.

WE are. Booked for a trip in December, and AP was on my list. I am not sure what we will do in the event it opens for our dates, however becuase we wanted to vist CL for the holiday decorations, I may add it. I would never add WCC, but if the menu looks promising, and is not a character meal, (Unless the characters are some hard to meet ones) I will give it a try.

I am not invested in signature dining, although we do like to choose a few each trip, and I wonder if there are a lot of families like ours. We just cannot justify too many signature meals in one trip, and so far AP has not been on the roster of Signature dining. PErhaps it will have at least a nice affordable dining experience for dinner.

No. Won't be back to AP when it becomes a character meal. We do not travel with young children so thankfully we do not need to suffer through character dining.
No. What I meant was No your not, to when you were saying You were going to replace DISNEY....lol

No. Won't be back to AP when it becomes a character meal. We do not travel with young children so thankfully we do not need to suffer through character dining.
I think hubby and I have been to almost all of the character meals as a couple. I'm glad we've done them but won't do anymore for a few years when we'll bring grandchildren ;)

FYI..... Artist Point has opened up another bank of reservations. Previously the last reservation was Oct 21. They are now taking reservations through Oct 28.

So, it is possible they are just releasing new dates slowly and this might of been just a "rumor"

FYI..... Artist Point has opened up another bank of reservations. Previously the last reservation was Oct 21. They are now taking reservations through Oct 28.

So, it is possible they are just releasing new dates slowly and this might of been just a "rumor"
More likely they have postponed the reimagination by a week, or are still working on logistics and do not want to close until necessary.

More likely they have postponed the reimagination by a week, or are still working on logistics and do not want to close until necessary.
I agree. Now, while the rumor may not fully come true (only breakfast vice all three meals, e.g.), the fact that NO information has been released eloquently argues it's not a simple refurbishment. If it were, then they'd be more than happy to tell us when AP would be closed; there would be no guessing about when AP was closing, opening, or what changes might be in store. We would know.

I agree. Now, while the rumor may not fully come true (only breakfast vice all three meals, e.g.), the fact that NO information has been released eloquently argues it's not a simple refurbishment. If it were, then they'd be more than happy to tell us when AP would be closed; there would be no guessing about when AP was closing, opening, or what changes might be in store. We would know.

Agreed. They have done that with a bunch of refurbs they did recently. One comes to mind is, Trattoria Al Forno, when they turned that into a character breakfast last year Disney let everyone know what and when.

Regardless, I booked it for our October trip instead of waiting until December when we are actually staying at WL. I would hate for hubby to miss out as he's never enjoyed it before. Now the trick is to get Ohana for December since I had to drop it for Artist Point in October!

Regardless, I booked it for our October trip instead of waiting until December when we are actually staying at WL. I would hate for hubby to miss out as he's never enjoyed it before. Now the trick is to get Ohana for December since I had to drop it for Artist Point in October!

I don't blame you. Frankly, I cannot imagine why this change would take place before the holidays. It makes more sense to me to leave dinner as is, and if they want to monkey around with breakfast or lunch, add a temporary one for now, and close completely in January.

Now I know why I can't seem to get a reservation for the whole week we are there during week of Christmas. I was so super disappointed but I just hope we get some positive news soon on this restaurant front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter