Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

It really is a shame. I loved the concept of BOG breakfast. A fixed cost meal that was a bit more than a regular CS breakfast, but with a higher quality. Disney tossed that out before it even was implemented, fist day IIRC.
yup, they can't have both. well they can but people will grumble.
If you're going to charge that much, make it good and make it fair.

My guess is that won't happen. For starters, Reunion Station is on the back side of Geyser Point and would offer no views of the water or the fireworks. To fully realize Geyser Point's potential as a location, the main eating area would have to be used, and that would require a) a substantial outlay of money to remake it into a fine dining area, and b) shutting down GP for an extended length of time. Shuttering a relatively brand new building and spending even more money to shape it into a Signature seems unlikely. Moreover, Disney would have to admit it made a huge miscalculation when it comes to GP and RS, another unlikelihood. That being said, I'd love to see this idea of a Signature on the water with the bonus of character meals in the old AP location. Too bad someone with foresight didn't see come up with this idea to start.

My wife's favorite personal quote.... "My case being tired? It Rests" :). Only been pointing out the Geyser Point (GP) fiasco since ground was broken...
And it's lived up to my worst nightmares. A half utilized, empty suit, POOL BAR. I say - DEMO it, start over, and do it right.
...or not. I suppose it can just SIT there - we are not getting near it. Disney's choice.

Yes, GP was TOTALLY mis-engineered. Yes, WDW snatched failure from the jaws of success :). No one was asked to vote - they did this on their own, and they can CORRECT this on their own. In the meantime? Dear wife and I are HOMED at the only DVC location with NO SIG, after OCT 28 2018 (BRV in our case).

We feel a bit cheated. The situation was clearly different when we BOUGHT our BRV points, direct from Disney. Yes, we ARE pondering selling points, then starting all over at a REAL Deluxe Resort :(. We hate that concept.... we also worry about folks buying into CCV - have they just been snookered? AP appears to be "not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead". And no "plan" is forthcoming from WDW :(.

All of this has occurred over about 2 years, with Major Managers coming and going, going and coming. And frankly? We TIRE of this.
JUST tell us what the DEAL is, then STICK TO IT. Is that not what a CONTRACT is supposed to be?

Tiring of the silence, frustration, lack of communication.... We already have a DVC WL contract. Right now? I would HIGHLY suggest that NO ONE buy in to either WL DVC (BRV OR CCV), until WDW spits out what they intend to do with this property.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Yes, GP was TOTALLY mis-engineered. Yes, WDW snatched failure from the jaws of success :). No one was asked to vote - they did this on their own, and they can CORRECT this on their own. In the meantime? Dear wife and I are HOMED at the only DVC location with NO SIG, after OCT 28 2018 (BRV in our case).

Never even thought of the DVC aspect. I think I'd feel fleeced. GP *could* be a phenomenal location, but right now that's all it seems to resemble -an inefficient patio space with a pool bar stuck in the center of it -with one of the best views on property, IMO. No more AP?!?! WL is our favorite resort, just behind Poly. I know it's just one restaurant but removing the signature dining really changes things, IMO. It's too bad, because WL is such a nice place and I feel like it really is only one competent management team away from being brilliant.

Last edited:
My wife's favorite personal quote.... "My case being tired? It Rests" :). Only been pointing out the Geyser Point (GP) fiasco since ground was broken...
And it's lived up to my worst nightmares. A half utilized, empty suit, POOL BAR. I say - DEMO it, start over, and do it right.
...or not. I suppose it can just SIT there - we are not getting near it. Disney's choice.

We feel a bit cheated. The situation was clearly different when we BOUGHT our BRV points, direct from Disney. Yes, we ARE pondering selling points, then starting all over at a REAL Deluxe Resort :(. We hate that concept.... we also worry about folks buying into CCV - have they just been snookered? AP appears to be "not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead". And no "plan" is forthcoming from WDW :(.

All of this has occurred over about 2 years, with Major Managers coming and going, going and coming. And frankly? We TIRE of this.
JUST tell us what the DEAL is, then STICK TO IT. Is that not what a CONTRACT is supposed to be?

Tiring of the silence, frustration, lack of communication.... We already have a DVC WL contract. Right now? I would HIGHLY suggest that NO ONE buy in to either WL DVC (BRV OR CCV), until WDW spits out what they intend to do with this property.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
I would cool my jets on selling and repurchasing if I were you. It's not like you can't use your points elsewhere and it's not like the actual rooms are any different. the restaurants are being changed up. It would cost a lot of money to sell and rebuy elsewhere since BRV is one of the older properties. You can always rebook at the 7 month window or waitlist... except for certain times of year it's not impossible to find AKL or BLT... but I would never incur the hassle and expense of selling and rebuying over a restaurant.

To reiterate what I was told a few weeks ago from a Disney rep (in response to a letter I wrote to the president of WDW regarding the future of AP), management considers signature dining to be a defining element of a deluxe resort.

I got the sense that the person I spoke with understood that signature dining meant fine dining (I expressed that one of our favorite WDW experiences is to take a boat over to WL and have a quiet, upscale meal at AP and that it would be quite disappointing to us if this type of experience was removed from the WL).

To reiterate what I was told a few weeks ago from a Disney rep (in response to a letter I wrote to the president of WDW regarding the future of AP), management considers signature dining to be a defining element of a deluxe resort.

I got the sense that the person I spoke with understood that signature dining meant fine dining (I expressed that one of our favorite WDW experiences is to take a boat over to WL and have a quiet, upscale meal at AP and that it would be quite disappointing to us if this type of experience was removed from the WL).

Yeah, they must mean signature a bit loosely there there's no way the Aloha dinner at the Poly counts as a "real" signature.

Yeah, they must mean signature a bit loosely there there's no way the Aloha dinner at the Poly counts as a "real" signature.
yup, unfortunately they've already broken their own rule. Not that I really feel that the Poly is diminished by the options it DOES have, to be honest. But I'm sure there's no real signature because they have a very expensive dinner show. Which must make Ft. Wilderness a Deluxe x2 because it's got 2 of those.

I would cool my jets on selling and repurchasing if I were you. It's not like you can't use your points elsewhere and it's not like the actual rooms are any different. the restaurants are being changed up. It would cost a lot of money to sell and rebuy elsewhere since BRV is one of the older properties. You can always rebook at the 7 month window or waitlist... except for certain times of year it's not impossible to find AKL or BLT... but I would never incur the hassle and expense of selling and rebuying over a restaurant.

Nope. We either have an 11 month HOME Resort, with a SIG - or we do not. Just us - 7 month window is a joke. CABS, to REAL SIGS? That would work.
If BRV just becomes an 11 month "room", with something to eat for breakfast? We could likely live with that. It appears that this is the direction for WL DVC owners :(.

But CCV folks? You are JUST buying in.... Just us? I would suggest that you INQUIRE about this situation? And get the resolution in writing. Up to you.

Also at this point we're still at the rumor stage, and we don't know for sure whether Artist Point will continue to have fine dining at dinner.

And GOTTA comment?
AP is now known to be dead meat to the public. Is it not time for Disney to tell us what is already occurring?
Just me - I would suggest that it is time to TALK, before CCV sales are affected. No honest SIG - No Deluxe Hotel.

Last edited:
And GOTTA comment?
AP is now known to be dead meat to the public. Is it not time for Disney to tell us what is already occurring?
Just me - I would suggest that it is time to TALK, before CCV sales are affected. No honest SIG - No Deluxe Hotel.

I noticed that with this message in particular, you did not add your customary disclaimer at the bottom. :teeth:

And GOTTA comment?

To that point though...I don't think not having a sig hurt Poly's sales any at all. Of course, it has other things going for it.

And GOTTA comment?
Sales of CCR won’t be affected. At all. Many new buyers don’t want or need a sig. Plus, as far as dining goes, WDW has some good places, but even the sigs don’t measure up at all to fine dining in most cities. We didn’t buy CCR because of AP. Most people aren’t heading to the World to eat. They’re heading to the parks or other experiences. I know some really loved AP. But if it was always full it wouldn’t be in limbo. It is not worth getting worked up over. None of the DVC contracts had anything about having to have a sig.

Sales of CCR won’t be affected. At all. Many new buyers don’t want or need a sig. Plus, as far as dining goes, WDW has some good places, but even the sigs don’t measure up at all to fine dining in most cities. We didn’t buy CCR because of AP. Most people aren’t heading to the World to eat. They’re heading to the parks or other experiences. I know some really loved AP. But if it was always full it wouldn’t be in limbo. It is not worth getting worked up over. None of the DVC contracts had anything about having to have a sig.
I think I've eaten at two sigs. We have nice places around here. I don't need to travel to Disney to have a meal at a nice place.

I think I've eaten at two sigs. We have nice places around here. I don't need to travel to Disney to have a meal at a nice place.

I agree. I've eaten at quite a few signatures at Disney, and I live within an hour or so of dozens of restaurants that are much better than the best I've had at Disney.

But, as you can read on here nearly daily, there are many who believe Disney food is the greatest thing on earth...and I'm talking about people who live in or near such restaurant "paradises" as NYC, Chicago, SF, etc, and let you know about their discriminating, "superior" palates...

Different strokes.

Changing WCC to a character meal would make a lot of sense. The dining room lends itself to that kind of thing, they could make the menu all skillets family style. It would be perfect. Unfortunately WCC isn’t the fun place it used to be since the servers have been told to tone down the antics. I guess one person gets hit with a rogue straw and some crusty crank complains about the noise and out goes the fun that made the place. The food is still good, but not so good without the interaction to keep us coming back.

Revenue is king, even at Disney these days, and if AP isn’t filling enough seats I guess that could prompt a change, but replacing signature dining with a character meal seams like an unfortunate dumbing down. Not that I’m saying character meals are dumb (even with kids 19, 17 and 15 we still do them) but there are already so many of them, and sometimes adults want to have a nicer adult time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter