Latest Resale Restriction Buzz?

Don't dues cover some of the things that resale contracts are currently not allowed to participate in? How are the member exclusive events paid for?
I expected some sort of law suit some time ago, and it hasn't happened yet (that I know of).
Resale restrictions have kept me from selling my OKW membership and then buying resale VGC. I was willing to pay the extra to do this at one point, and the thing that stopped me was resale restrictions. So far I have had good luck using my OKW points in California, but I am date and room type flexible.

No, the dues cover none of the membership extras that are given to those with blue cards. That is one of the reasons the POS specifically says that those perks are not part of your contract when buying DVC, Even those buying direct could lose them at any time.

Personally not interested in RIV d/t the high MF. The restrictions I am actually ok with the more I think about it. With the next resort, Reflections I would have bought direct, but may wait for resales if this tanks the resale value. I don’t care so much about the restrictions, but would love a cheaper price. As long as the MF is reasonable and I’m not paying for a Skyliner that Pop Century and Caribbean Beach are using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter