Latest Waitlist success you’ve had

Networth

DIS Veteran
As the topic says, what is the latest waitlist success you have had prior to check in? 4 weeks? 14 days? 7 days?

Rarely do I allow a WL to go beyond 30 days before travel ... and the few I did never matched. HOWEVER, I've been successful stalking once the WL period ended ... finding/making my own success stories up to the day before travel.

I had October 30-31 booked in a standard Poly studio but had waitlisted Lakeview for the two nights (not individually). I was fine with it not matching after waiting a few months. 12 or 13 days before check in I saw we had Lakeview booked (I don’t think I ever received a notification)!

Our view of Hallowishes for the two nights was fantastic, and the boat horns were not nearly as obnoxious as I expected.

Sat, Sept 22 I got the email that my waitlist had matched for my Oct 25-27 Standard View !BR at BW. I was shocked because I hadn't put the waitlist in until early August, so I never thought I would actually get it.

I just had one come thru for one night moving from SSR standard to Preferred to join the rest of the reservation .. I had 3 nights in preferred and one night standard..hated idea of having move so WL either all standard which I would have loved to save points or 1 night preferred and it just came thru, we leave in 5 days! for such a short trip I am so happy not to have to worry about staying packed and having to wait until 4 pm to check in 2 days in a row... its worth the points for less stress!!

I have had several WL come thru in general, this summer for poly .. did a split say BR and Poly.. super fun.. I have had wonderful luck with WL! I never get an email though... I just have keep checking...

I've had good luck with WL for VGC coming through pretty last minute - we drive there and book a backup on rewards points that we can cancel if needed. We've had a studio night come through as late as 9 days before, and have also booked through stalking up to a few days before.

We were booked at AKL (home resort) for Christmas week. I tried to get BW (STD view Studio) at exactly 7 months but was waitlisted. I thought I had zero chance of that waitlist coming through...:rolleyes1 I received a “We can’t wait to welcome you...” email yesterday pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Our waitlist came through 31 days before our trip. :yay::cloud9: I was so surprised!!! Yay us!!! Christmas week at the BW.Woo hoo!

We’ve also had great luck with last minute waitlists coming through at VGC.

Good luck to everyone.

Wait listed 2 nights BRV for next June, first thing at the 7 month mark. Nights came through about 7pm same day! Probably someone booked and released as soon as they got their choice of a different resort.

The WL came through for me in a recent series of changes.

a) started with 5 nights at SSR, standard studio for mid-March 2019; WL for BC studio, same nights.
b) manually snagged 2 nights at BC and 1 at BWV; changed WL looking for the missing nights at BC.
c) manually found 4 nights at Kidani, Savannah View studio ... booked them and changed the WL for the remaining night.
d) WL matched the missing night at Kidani. Now have all 5 nights as a single reservation at Kidani.
e) new WL created for the same nights at BC. At this point, I don't care if the BC WL fails. I love the idea of visiting Kidani!

It's funny you should ask this. I wait listed Dec 15-17 at Kidani in a 2br. I had a 2br at OKW for those nights but had a 2br at Kidani on the 14th. I just received an email that my WL came through just 17 days out. Now I have the same room all three nights. This was the first time I have ever used a WL. I have been on the list since August.

I have 2 waitlists currently for studios either at OKW or SSR, for Dec-13-17 I am so upset nothing so far I wish I had an option to take first available I have a hotel booked off property just in case I just hate the idea of staying off property.

We currently have 2/14-20/19 and 2/23-24/19 booked in 2BR Kidani Savannah view. Waitlist for 2/21-22. Its a lot of points, but full family has not been in 4 years and with 4 kids and some special medical needs really prefer not to move resorts if possible.

As a backup plan, considering booking something off property for 2/21-24 so as to only move once. I could put in a WL for all 4 nights at a different resort, but that may come through before the 2 nights at Kidani and then we still have to move. What is last day I can cancel the 2/23-24 reservation to put points back into my account? 31 days out = 1/22/19?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Glad to say I got someone on the phone that new what she was doing and I am booked at 14-15 at jambo house 1bdr and 15-17 at SSR I am wait listed for the 13-14 but we get in at midnight so its actually the 14th so I have a holiday inn by airport just incase and than I have a wait list for 15-17 at Jambo house so hopefully I don't have to move we shall see but just glad to be on property and not have a large out of pocket on hotels.

jeanine

Glad to say I got someone on the phone that new what she was doing and I am booked at 14-15 at jambo house 1bdr and 15-17 at SSR I am wait listed for the 13-14 but we get in at midnight so its actually the 14th so I have a holiday inn by airport just incase and than I have a wait list for 15-17 at Jambo house so hopefully I don't have to move we shall see but just glad to be on property and not have a large out of pocket on hotels.

jeanine

Great for you!

Not sure exactly what you need or want if you rather be at Disney and have them move you but I just saw this since always stalking for my stay:
There is a one bedroom at AK standard on December 14
There is a 3 bedroom at SSR December 13
There is a 1 bedroom at OKW for December 13

I would certainly suggest stalking as MUCH as you can! I would stalk Jambo and SSR and try to piece a full stay at one place.

In September we decided to go back January 4-12 and only thing available at that time was SSR, our home resort. We had a preferred studio.

Then, I was able to piece together and stalk what we wanted from end of September until last week. I got LV studio at BLT for five nights and then three nights at SSR in a two bedroom standard view (had stalked and moved from studio, to one bedroom preferred and stalked and moved to two bedroom).
We wanted SSR last three nights for DTD.

Anyway, just look as much as you can and you may be able to piece together your trip. It will be harder since it's next month and not too much time, but people cancel all the time and I see inventory change frequently (I am still stalking BLT to try to move to a 1 or 2 bedroom).

Good luck but happy you were able to get something!

Last edited:
Great for you!

Not sure exactly what you need or want if you rather be at Disney and have them move you but I just saw this since always stalking for my stay:
There is a one bedroom at AK standard on December 14
There is a 3 bedroom at SSR December 13
There is a 1 bedroom at OKW for December 13

I would certainly suggest stalking as MUCH as you can! I would stalk Jambo and SSR and try to piece a full stay at one place.

In September we decided to go back January 4-12 and only thing available at that time was SSR, our home resort. We had a preferred studio.

Then, I was able to piece together and stalk what we wanted from end of September until last week. I got LV studio at BLT for five nights and then three nights at SSR in a two bedroom standard view (had stalked and moved from studio, to one bedroom preferred and stalked and moved to two bedroom).
We wanted SSR last three nights for DTD.

Anyway, just look as much as you can and you may be able to piece together your trip. It will be harder since it's next month and not too much time, but people cancel all the time and I see inventory change frequently (I am still stalking BLT to try to move to a 1 or 2 bedroom).

Good luck but happy you were able to get something!
Thank you for checking unfortunately the one bedroom at OKW is gone already I am just hoping I can get Jambo house for the 13th so I only have to move once do 2 days in AKV and 2 in SSR one place would be great but I am just happy to be on property!

I looked on Tuesday and was able to get Dec 13 for one night in a one bedroom at SSR. I have been stalking for Dec 14. Saw there is a bungalow available for dec 13 and 14 but that is way above my means. So I check alot in Hope's. AKL had a one bedroom but I didnt grab it.

Well stalking succeeded got the 14th at Bay Lake studio lake view for the 14th.
Now to get the 13th and 14th in the same resort and unit type? Now that you have both nights in hand ... will you put one "on the block" by placing a WL against it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts