Latest Waitlist success you’ve had

I did. I put a waitlist for the 13th and then wait listed the 13th and 14th in hopes.
So I originally had SSR for the first night (Dec 13) and then BLT for the second night (Dec 14). Decided to try and get it all in one resort so I waitlisted the 13th at BLT and yesterday the waitlist came through and now at BLT for both nights but have to change rooms since one is a Lake view and the other Theme park view. Now hoping that the 13th comes up in theme park so I don't have to switch but considering I was very lucky to get the room within two weeks I am not complaining.

We currently have 2/14-20/19 and 2/23-24/19 booked in 2BR Kidani Savannah view. Waitlist for 2/21-22. Its a lot of points, but full family has not been in 4 years and with 4 kids and some special medical needs really prefer not to move resorts if possible.

As a backup plan, considering booking something off property for 2/21-24 so as to only move once. I could put in a WL for all 4 nights at a different resort, but that may come through before the 2 nights at Kidani and then we still have to move. What is last day I can cancel the 2/23-24 reservation to put points back into my account? 31 days out = 1/22/19?

Any thoughts?
Update is we now have 2/14-21 confirmed at Kidani and a waitlist for night of 2/22. Then will be staying at Swan until final departure 2/25 - 4 nights currently booked and will drop at least 2/21 and hopefully 2/22 as well. Only downside to moving to Swan is that resort does not participate in Magical Express so we'll be take Uber back to airport.

I decided early December to try to go for a weekend in January if something opened up last minute. I live close enough to take weekend trips so It would have been fine either way. I waitlisted Bay lake Tower Lake View Studio and Copper Creek Villas Studio for January 11-13 and I was flabbergasted last Wednesday when a Copper Creek Studio came through about 35 days out!

In 2017, I had an AKV club level studio waitlist become available at exactly 30 days out for 4 nights in October. I was stunned ( but happy!)

Good luck to the waitlisters!

Late July, Boardwalk standard 2 bed waitlisted at 7 months. Came through after about a week.

Update: 2/22 waitlist for Kidani has come through! No email notification - just happened to look online! So I have cancelled the 4 night reservation at the Swan, and actually was able to rebook for nights of 2/23-24 at Dolphin for even less! So happy that all of the hotel plans are now finalized. Still wish Magical Express was available for Dolphin, but it will be a nice opportunity to try another property for a couple of days.

Currently WL for 2 additional days at the Poly for January. Today I booked Caribbean Beach just in case. I really don't want to spend the $$$ there when I have points. Lesson learned.

A few days ago, I made reservations for mid February at KV. I was looking for a 4 night stay but they only had 3 consecutive nights when we wanted to go so I waitlisted the night before and the night after the 3 consecutive available nights. I intended to stalk as well as waitlist to make sure I had the best chance of getting that 4th night. An hour after making the reservation, I noticed on the DVC website that the reservation was not listed so I called MS and asked them why the reservation wasn't there. They told me that the website was having issues and they would fix it promptly. Then she said "by the way, one of your waitlists came through so we will merge the 4 nights together and that will show up on the reservation". WOW, a 1 hour waitlist success story? I've had success with both stalking and waitlist but never had this happen. By the way, the CM that helped me was Jasmine at extension 331 and she was awesome.

Today our wait list came through the for February trip, 49 days out.
It was a single night at kidani studio standard, Jasmine called me today to share it went through and could she trade the points from the ssr studio for that night.

I would love the first night that a friend has for us at ssr wait list to come thru yet. We had 4 days the week prior but needed to move the trip due to school contests. So just took what was available.

Waitlist for a club level studio came through for us for next december. The system does work.

Also, I've been dropping certain reservation days off hours and it's looking like the system is picking them up and redistributing them to folk's wait lists accordingly. I like that people who have been trying to plan the longest get the rooms they've wanted.

Waitlist for a club level studio came through for us for next december. The system does work.

Also, I've been dropping certain reservation days off hours and it's looking like the system is picking them up and redistributing them to folk's wait lists accordingly. I like that people who have been trying to plan the longest get the rooms they've wanted.
That’s a great one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter