Laugh Floor Previews???

KatiebugsMom

Mouseketeer
With the Laugh Floor opening getting pushed back until early spring will that do anything to the scheduled DVC previews for Jan 19-21st???

KatiebugsMom said:
With the Laugh Floor opening getting pushed back until early spring will that do anything to the scheduled DVC previews for Jan 19-21st???

I wouldn't think so. They are already previewing it now, so I can't see why they wouldn't preview it again 4 weeks from now. People have reported issues and bugs, but that's what previews are for!

Just to clarify, at least one reputable WDW news site is reporting that the opening of The Laugh Floor has been postponed to "Spring 2007" due to mediocre guest response. According to the report, this has nothing to do with technical issues and everything to do with the storyline surrounding the attraction.

Reportedly the current soft openings have been stopped pending the re-write. I looked on the DVC and AP websites and there is currently no mention of the preview. The passholder site has its own calendar with a special icon to indicate a "Passholder Event." There are no events listed for January.

It appears the DVC / AP previews are very much in doubt.

I got to see the preview last week, and here's what I wrote elsewhere:

Thanks to a little bluebird, DH and I and a few other friends got to see a sneak preview of Laugh Floor Comedy Club in the MK. We were told there were going to do a preview on Friday at noon, so we met up outside the attraction at noon casually waiting for them to call us in. We got in! I can see some potential for this attraction, but right now it really needs some work. The jokes weren't necessarily funny and the pacing was off. DH noticed the animation seemed to stick at times. Mike Wazowski would be talking and his character would be still. I think that was the consensus for everyone in our group. And if they mix up the jokes a bit, it'll have a high repeat value. One member of our group from Canada saw it three times. He informed us the jokes were exactly the same in each preview except for the audience jokes. I have to wonder if the other test audiences thought they were funny. You can contribute jokes in the queue that they may use in the show. You can also text a joke to Roz.

Just to clarify, at least one reputable WDW news site is reporting that the opening of The Laugh Floor has been postponed to "Spring 2007" due to mediocre guest response. According to the report, this has nothing to do with technical issues and everything to do with the storyline surrounding the attraction.

It also shows on the WDW site now:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...?id=MonstersIncLaughFloorComedyAttractionPage

I did call MS on Saturday as I wanted to purchase (but not waste) plane tickets....I received a big ???, I was put on hold and she called around three places and came back with an even bigger ???. I was told to try back in a few days

I just spoke with Casey in MS who spoke with MK and said the preview is officially off. :sad1: Looks like no January trip for me:sad2: :sad2: I'll wait for March and hope they preview at that point and can catch the last of the Pirates parties instead of the first

YEs the preview is off. The problems were worse then initially thought. Good thing they are fixing it first!

I just received this email from DVC:

Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,
There has been a change in the preview dates for the new Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club attraction at the Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida (announced in the December edition of Vacation Magic E-mail Update). It seems the always demanding Roz, pictured above with the one-eyed Mike Wazowski, has requested a bit more paperwork. Disney Vacation Club is in close contact with Monstropolis officials and will share new dates as soon as they're available.

When the new attraction opens officially in Spring 2007, Guests will be treated to an engaging and interactive attraction that lets them laugh, joke and match wits with beloved characters from the hit Disney/Pixar film Monsters, Inc.

Please remember that attraction-preview dates always are subject to change (particularly when the attraction is run by a bunch of monsters), so watch for the latest information online at www.dvcmember.com.

It seems that the DVC preview events have been pushed back to an unknown date.

We were able to see an early "dress rehearsal" for this show on December 3 and while it does have promise, it definitely had a long way to go at that time. It is a "Comedy Warehouse" improv show using technology similar to "Turtle Talk" at the Living Seas. The comedians are all animated, but there is live interaction with the audience thru the use of real-time cameras and sound equipment. Fun premise - but long way to go. The show we attended was used as a focus group with questions afterwards about what we liked and didn't like about the show. We were given a special fastpass as thanks for spending the time in the theater. This is held in the space formerly used for Timekeeper. It is no longer a "lean rail" attraction, but has bench seating and a stage in front with video monitors nearby to display the audience interaction.

Stay Tuned!

My family and I also got a "sneak peak" at the monsters inc. show in early November. I would hope it has improved a little since then ,but it was horrible. The character's lips didn't move with there voice, they had jokes that were way over childrens heads and they kept picking on this poor overweight guy in the audience which I didn't feel was very appropriate.:sad2: The pace was so slow and everyone in the audience told them as much when they had question and answer at the end. We aren't going back until next year so I will be interested to hear what everyone says once it is up and running officially.:flower3:

We were at MK last Sunday (1/28) and saw the Laugh Floor preview. The show was pretty good. They seem to be still working out some kinks, but it has very good potential. The technology looks sharp.

Dean

We just happened to be in the right spot at the right time on Jan 26. They were letting people in to see the preview, and we were the last to be let in. They wanted people to stay afterwards to give their feedback but we had to leave since we had a 5:00 ADR at CP. We liked the show, thought there was a lot of potential in it. But, they do need to do some more work on it..it was just okay for us. Funny but not overwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter