Laundry at the Poly

cpd7812

Earning My Ears
Dear Members,
Long time lurker. 1st ever post. We come to Disney almost every year. Is it a common practice to remove someone else cloths from the laundry machines and place them on the table in the middle of the room?!! I am incensed right now! My wife had undergarments for all of my daughters thrown about a sorting table in the middle of the laundry facility. BTW, my wife set the timer on her phone. The cycle could not have been done for a few moments before someone rudely removed them. I have demanded to speak to a manager but have as of yet not received a call. Please keep this in mind when doing your laundry. You may want to stay in the room the entire time.
Peter

Sorry that happened to your family.

FWIW, the Poly only has the one laundry room for 360 studios, so unless one remains in the room or very close by, this is probably going to happen quite often. Unfortunately, there are those who think nothing of leaving their clothes in the machines for hours, so some will remove other's clothing for them, rather than wait for their owner to claim them.

Honestly, I don't know what the manager can do about thoughtless guests. They exist on both sides of the issue.

CarolMN,
Thx for your reply. Guess we have been very lucky over the years. We have met so many wonderful, considerate people that it was surprising and infuriating when this incident occurred.This is the first incident of this type that has happened to us. One would think that if this is a known issue perhaps a second laundry facility or more machines would be helpful. Second, perhaps a timer on the machine that alerts a member how long it has been since a particular cycle has ended. Then a sign/rule that states after a given period of time, your clothes may be removed. With posted rules, one would hope that other members would abide by them. Again, thanks for your thoughts. I was so upset that I really needed to vent.
Peter

The Poly is seriously short of laundry services. Yes, I believe it is very common practice to have your items handled (removed from either laundry or dryer) if the machine has completed its cycle and the owner isn't present. Happened to us in Sydney, AU, once when the laundry was several floors different than our room, the elevators were terrible slow (crowded) and we missed the timer I had set on my phone by only moments. Of course, perhaps the machine had finished prior to the estimate given at the start? Maybe.

In a shared laundry area I don't think one can fault any other for moving things along more quickly. The resources are very, very limited.

I sure hope the Poly eventually adds laundry to every floor of every building rather than having only one small facility. Bad planning, Disney. Really bad planning.

Yes, it happens all the time. If you aren't there when the washer or dryer finishes, you need to be prepared for the fact that another guest didn't want to wait for you to empty the machine. So they put the clothes on the table. They have a right to use a machine that isn't in use. Just sitting in a finished machine isn't in use.

I have not removed laundry from a machine, but I have had to wait more than an hour for a machine after it was finished because of thoughtless users. That is why I generally now stick with one bedroom and larger units, even for solo trips, whenever possible.

It happens frequently. I find the mobile website really useful that tells the exact status of all machines in the laundry room and how much time is left on each of them. This way I can get to my clothes the second the machine is finished without wasting my time or anyone else’s.

In spite of the "welcome home" messages this is NOT your private home. When a laundry cycle is done - take your darn clothes out or someone else will do it for you. I find it far more rude for someone NOT to remove their clothes than for someone else to have to remove them for you. Shape up.

Download the app laundry view. Whenever we stay in a studio or regular room it really comes in handy. It shows whats available and how long is left on the machines being used

When we used the laundry facilities at the Poly last time, not all of the machines were functioning and there was a line of people waiting to use the washers. I think there aren't enough machines for the number of rooms so it's highly possible your things will be removed when the cycle is done by someone who may not want to wait to see how long it is before someone shows up to move them. Unfortunate but that's the way of a shared laundry room for too many rooms. We prefer to set a phone alarm for 5-10 minutes before the cycle is supposed to end so we can go and wait for it to finish and move our things immediately.

So, one thing to think about when you do laundry...

The laundry is located in Moorea, so if you are in one of the other buildings, you will have to go outside to take your clean clothes back, so check the weather. We were in Tokelau in July and I went to go get our dried clothes. Got in there, they still had a bit, so I waited 10 or so minutes until they were dry. Then I folded and put in my laundry basket to head back to the room. Well, the bottom had fallen out and I spent over 30 minutes waiting to get back to Tokelau so my new freshly clean clothes did not get drenched...

I do wish Poly had some form of covered walkway between buildings...

Anyone have the link to the Poly Laundry in Moorea to see if machines are available when we go? :confused:Is the website laundryview.com?Have stayed at Poly several times, but haven't done laundry; may want to do some this trip. Thanks!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Last edited:
Anyone have the link to the Poly Laundry in Moorea to see if machines are available when we go? :confused:Have stayed at Poly several times, but haven't done laundry; may want to do some this trip. Thanks!:thumbsup2:goodvibes
PVB Direct link: https://www.laundryview.com/home/8907/4576321

For any Disney resort, go to LaundryView.com and start tying the resort name. Don't start with "Disney" unless you want the Disneyland Hotel in CA.

It happens frequently. I find the mobile website really useful that tells the exact status of all machines in the laundry room and how much time is left on each of them. This way I can get to my clothes the second the machine is finished without wasting my time or anyone else’s.
The website does work, we have used it at the Poly.
My DH takes care of the laundry and he always sets his timer way before the cycle is due to end. I have often thought it is very prudent that he does so.

Last edited:
We usually stay in a one bedroom or larger so the laundry area isn't normally an issue for us. That being said we did stay in a studio one time at BW and I had to use the laundry room. I stayed in the laundry room so I would be there when my laundry was done. I had to wait a substantial amount of time for others to get back and remove there belongs from machines that others, myself included were waiting to use. I don't like the idea of someone else removing my clothes or me having to remove someone else's clothes. I guess the best way to avoid this is to remain in the room with your laundry until it is done or use the above mentioned app. I brought a book along to read while I waited for my laundry to be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!