Laundry Detergent....

MBTigger

Designated Bouncer
I have contact allergies and need to use hypoallergenic laundry soap. We are staying this weekend in a 1 Bedroom at Kidani village and I was wondering if any included laundry soap is hypo allergenic or if some is for sale in the guest laundry room...

Thanks in advance
MB

If I recall correctly, there is only 1 type of laundry detergent for sale in the laundry room, whatever it happens to be. It's not like a vending machine where you can choose different types of candy bars. It's take it or leave it for whatever brand it is. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a simple answer as others have said - bring your own brand of pods. As long as you have checked luggage you are okay.

Yeah, that is why I say bring your own.

Because even if what is currently offered is hypoallergenic... for all anyone knows they are moving to a new brand March 1, or their provider is going to start showing up with something different.

And this is the kind of thing I don't like gambling on if it will make significant impact to my health or happiness. And if hypoallergenic detergent is a must-have, that's health/happiness right there.

Thanks for the suggestion of Pods. I grabbed some to be on the safe side.
This is what I do - the pods don't take up much room in the suitcase (I usually stuff them inside one of my shoes) and I have no worries about having something I'm sensitive to or not having enough.

I usually bring extra detergent - Tide pods packed in zip-locked bags (I double bag it). You can find them for All, Pyrex, and Gain and probably other brands. I believe Tide Free is hypoallergenic and Arm & Hammer and Seventh Generation as well.

At BLT now.

The laundry detergent comes in a small plastic bottle now, and 1 bottle has enough for two loads.

The label:
Hypoallergenic ECOS Laundry Detergent.

I've been bouncing around the WDW DVC resorts since mid December, and if I recall correctly the following resorts had this type of laundry detergent. BLT, OKW, BWV, BCV, and SSR. Of course I can't guarantee that AKV has the same thing, but I would assume that it does.

Also, in some cases, there were 2 bottles given (4 loads), and in others 1 bottle given (2 loads). Also in some cases it was replenished on T&T day, and others it was not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter