Laundry Touch Panel Kiosk On Disney Wonder

It's been on The Magic & The Wonder for a while.
Last year (February) it was on our WBPC cruise on The Wonder.
It was on The Magic in September last year too.

I find the laundry machines really awful. Twice I had clothes shopping wet at the end of the wash cycle. Twice had clothes still wet at the end of the dry cycle. It’s great to have the option to do laundry, it only when it works and doesn’t suck up double the time. (Yes guest services was told - they sent a room steward to check in on my issue and then issued a credit. Didn’t get me back the hour of lost vacation time.)

Just off the Magic this morning, following 5/4-night cruises B2B. The dryers on deck 6 were not charging properly, so I dried two loads for free. I had purchased drying tokens at the kiosk, but they were not needed to activate the dryers. The $6 was refunded on my final room folio.

They were on the Dream in December.

Apparently they have been on the ships for a while.

SW

The washers and dryers we used on Decks 6 and 7 on the Wonder during our EBPC a few months ago worked very well. Decent capacity in the washers and even larger for the dryers. We were able to combine two loads from the washers into one dryer. Nothing was soaking wet out of the washers and everything was bone dry out of the dryers.

However, it seemed like at least 1-2 machines were always out of service, so obviously they are prone to problems. They even closed one room entirely for repairs for about a day about 2/3 of the way through the cruise.

Do these new washer and dryers make a lot of noise if your stateroom is nearby?
I just got off the Dream Friday (Jan 17). On deck 8 there was only 3 stacks washer/dryer. The laundry room was on the interior side. With the door closed, I could hear the washer spin cycle when walking by the laundry room.
The biggest problem I have noticed with the laundry room is the amount of foot traffic in and out and many times the loud talking (when the machines are running). That's why I avoid a stateroom near the laundry rooms.
The Wonder had the new touch panels on the May 2019 cruise.

My advice; don't do laundry on the boat. It took up valuable time and was a complete mess. It's been years, but when we sailed the Wonder the clothes dryers were THE one thing we were most disappointed with. Everything came out soaked and we had to try and lay it all out and air-dry it in our stateroom. Obviously that didn't work so we ended up packing wet clothes. Thankfully we curbside checked our bags onto the plane home because we definitely would have been over 50# on several of our bags.

My advice; don't do laundry on the boat. It took up valuable time and was a complete mess. It's been years, but when we sailed the Wonder the clothes dryers were THE one thing we were most disappointed with. Everything came out soaked and we had to try and lay it all out and air-dry it in our stateroom. Obviously that didn't work so we ended up packing wet clothes. Thankfully we curbside checked our bags onto the plane home because we definitely would have been over 50# on several of our bags.

This is experience is outdated. As of November 2019, dryers were excellent. Like I wrote in an earlier reply, two washer loads could fit into one dryer and everything was completely dry in one cycle. Not doing laundry won't be an option for everyone. It would have been impossible for our family with two young (and messy) children to make it through a two week Panama Canal cruise without doing laundry.

This is experience is outdated. As of November 2019, dryers were excellent. Like I wrote in an earlier reply, two washer loads could fit into one dryer and everything was completely dry in one cycle. Not doing laundry won't be an option for everyone. It would have been impossible for our family with two young (and messy) children to make it through a two week Panama Canal cruise without doing laundry.
I agree. I've never (yes, never) had an issue with the washers and dryers on any cruise line we've been on. Well, I did have a dryer that never shut off. So I got a lot of drying time on that one.

And, for those of us who travel for upwards of 3-4 weeks (up to and including one/two months), we have to do laundry at some point.

We had them on the Fantasy. They did not work properly and I had to have multiple charges removed from our account.

Also, the machines in general are terrible but at least they have them as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter