LAX City Bus Center

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Getting kind of worried about my flight on Christmas night, but nothing I can do if my flight is delayed or cancelled other than call in that I'll be late and see what happens. I guess worst case scenario is that I can catch a bus/train on short notice. But if the flight is delayed then I might have issues with local transportation.

But I plan on taking public transportation from the LAX City Bus Center. I understand that there's a shuttle that goes to all the terminals and then to the bus center. But I can't really find out how often this is or what direction it goes.

Getting kind of worried about my flight on Christmas night, but nothing I can do if my flight is delayed or cancelled other than call in that I'll be late and see what happens. I guess worst case scenario is that I can catch a bus/train on short notice. But if the flight is delayed then I might have issues with local transportation.

But I plan on taking public transportation from the LAX City Bus Center. I understand that there's a shuttle that goes to all the terminals and then to the bus center. But I can't really find out how often this is or what direction it goes.

Traffic can only travel in one direction through LAX. From terminals 1 to 7 in the counter clockwise direction. These types of shuttles don't run on a timed schedule as the LAX traffic is too unpredictable. They show up when they show up.

Traffic can only travel in one direction through LAX. From terminals 1 to 7 in the counter clockwise direction. These types of shuttles don't run on a timed schedule as the LAX traffic is too unpredictable. They show up when they show up.

Thanks. It's been a while since I've flown through LAX and I was dropped off and picked up by a friend who lived in the area.

LAX has official site with updated info about construction and Terminal Traffic Changes that might affect the shuttle pickups, etc. Also has the terminal guide map .

DF61F296-6C00-4093-AE56-1763B69E6B8F.png

Also recommend LAXairportshuttle.com
1-(800) 311-5466
1-(310) 645-8181

I recommend you keep whatever service Contact Info handy to get to.
Also confirm / reservation number And your hotel / resort phone numbers handy . Nothing worse than not being prepared as you arrive in LAX . It can be confusing. Don’t forget this or stuff it in suitcase .
You might be delayed and need to Call and it is noisy inside & outside terminal.
I will look for the info about the shuttle that would pick up from LAX and take you to Union Station for Amtrak . I haven’t flown into LAX since transport / Covid changes…

Public Transit = 2 hours
Shuttle= 45-60 minutes but holiday traffic will be bad !

Last edited:

Good luck. I live in WDW area now and many disappointed travel concerns for the holidays.
Just keep us updated and let us know how it goes.
Hope it is safe and fun once you arrive!

I've got multiple copies of everything on paper - stored in several bags and one set to keep in my pocket. I made an itinerary and printed it out. And several of the reservations are available online or in Apple Wallet.

And it's looking good for being on time. A couple of days ago it seemed every flight was delayed, but today it looks like they're all pretty much on time. Looking forward to a warm Christmas.

I've got multiple copies of everything on paper - stored in several bags and one set to keep in my pocket. I made an itinerary and printed it out. And several of the reservations are available online or in Apple Wallet.

And it's looking good for being on time. A couple of days ago it seemed every flight was delayed, but today it looks like they're all pretty much on time. Looking forward to a warm Christmas.

Plane was at the gate early, but we were waiting for a crew. Then they finally cancelled too late for any alternate arrangements. Amtrak is sold out and I don’t think I could get there on time anyways. So I’m waiting in line at the check in counter. This sucks.

Plane was at the gate early, but we were waiting for a crew. Then they finally cancelled too late for any alternate arrangements. Amtrak is sold out and I don’t think I could get there on time anyways. So I’m waiting in line at the check in counter. This sucks.
I am sorry to hear this news. We live in the PNW and our trip to LA was cut short when our flight was canceled due to the ice storm on Thursday. We were able to get a flight down last night and salvage a short trip however our flight last night was almost canceled due to lack of crew.

This is just about the worse I’ve ever seen for cascading cancellations over several days from all of the bad weather across the country. Awful timing too.

I am sorry to hear this news. We live in the PNW and our trip to LA was cut short when our flight was canceled due to the ice storm on Thursday. We were able to get a flight down last night and salvage a short trip however our flight last night was almost canceled due to lack of crew.

This is just about the worse I’ve ever seen for cascading cancellations over several days from all of the bad weather across the country. Awful timing too.

Plane was at the gate but obviously the previous crew clocked out. The announcements were that the captain was there, but they needed the first officer and flight attendants coming from several locations (Denver and Austin were mentioned). I think they were two flight attendants short and the issue was delays or cancellations of their deadhead flights couldn’t get them there. Oakland also has a midnight takeoff curfew although the terminal is open 24/7.

I booked an Amtrak bus/train combo for tomorrow. I guess this will eat up one day and I’m still on the hook for the lodging. But I called in so they’re not going to cancel as a no show. Might even readjust my plans a bit on the days I have left. I was planning on doing Santa Monica to Pasadena and back today.

My parents dropped me off and then came back for me. I guess it would have been too much to ask to drive me down to LA. Or maybe I drive there, but I wouldn’t want to deal with parking.

Last edited:
Hope you are safely able to make it today. Good luck and hope the rest of your trip is enjoyable.

I got to use the bus center going to Manhattan Beach. Had to improvise too as buses were way late. Ended up using Metro, Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit, and Gardena Transit all in the same day.

The transfer fares were a little bit odd though. I think GTrans is a $1 fare with unlimited Gtrans transfers for 2 hours. But I transferered (using TAP) for my first ride from Metro and paid a 40 cent transfer fare. But my next ride I was charged the full dollar fare instead of unlimited transfers. I had another TAP card (bought for my child but it's still a regular version) and I think I could have used that to separate the transfer process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter