Lazy River still cold? Booking patterns in december?

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
I noticed the website says the river and pools are heated to 82-86 year round, but it definitely wasn't heated that much when we visited Oct 2016. It was disappointingly cold!

We're thinking about going 2nd week of December. How is the booking pattern for a 1 bedroom island view? I have non-aulani DVC points.

we just did a stay at this time last December. The lazy river and pools were pretty cold at first entry. However, once in them it was fine. But it's a shock when you first get in. To use it did not feel like the were heated. We found going one of the slides was the best way for us to get into the water. Much easier to get dunked in the water than try to slowly enter. On another note we find crowds small at this time of the year. Never any issues with chairs etc. 1 bed rooms at most resorts always appear to be the last to book.

We have been 3 times in June and the river was cold the first two trips. Our last one it was nice the first week and freezing the second week. (ok, cold to us Floridians) I asked the lifeguard why it was so cold the second week and he said he guessed the heater was broke and just laughed. Never figured out if he was joking or it was the truth. All I know, is that the first week I could walk into that water and the second week not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter