Le Cellier - IMPOSSIBLE to book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisBride2007

<font color=royalblue>I was satisfied with the onl
So we will be going back to the World at the end of January. Despite the short notice, we have had NO trouble making ADR's. We have gotten Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner for the exact times we wanted, Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare, etc. Every single reservation was within 10 minutes of our desired time. So I thought this trip would be a great time to try for Le Cellier, since it's apparently so easy to get ADR's that were virtually impossible at this time prior to our last trip.

So after 20 minutes on hold with Disney Dining tonight, :headache: I asked about availability for dinner on THREE different nights during our trip, and nothing! Nothing for lunch either! Not even at a bad time!

What's up with this situation? Is it possible to ever get an ADR there? Do they reserve more tables for walk ups? Or is there only one table for two in the whole place?

So we will be going back to the World at the end of January. Despite the short notice, we have had NO trouble making ADR's. We have gotten Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner for the exact times we wanted, Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare, etc. Every single reservation was within 10 minutes of our desired time. So I thought this trip would be a great time to try for Le Cellier, since it's apparently so easy to get ADR's that were virtually impossible at this time prior to our last trip.

So after 20 minutes on hold with Disney Dining tonight, :headache: I asked about availability for dinner on THREE different nights during our trip, and nothing! Nothing for lunch either! Not even at a bad time!

What's up with this situation? Is it possible to ever get an ADR there? Do they reserve more tables for walk ups? Or is there only one table for two in the whole place?

I'm surprised they don't have any lunch times available. Keep trying on those. For dinner, I've found it's best to call at least 3 months out.

I'd definitely keep trying.. I'm sure at least a lunch will open up for you. But for what it's worth, we weren't too impressed with LeCellier :o

I was told by a Disney CM (his opinion only) that Le Cellier is always full because it is the "in" place right now and because it is so small that the tables just fill up really fast. I was also told it was not because the food was so much better there.

I called a few days ago for an ADR for March and I had no problem for dinner at 530. That's probably not what you wanted to hear- we are a party of two, so that works in our favor for that restaurant. Keep trying- it is a SMALL restaurant and that's why it's so tough to get into. It IS tasty, but you can still get a nice steak at plenty of other restaurants on property.

I love Le Cellier so do not give up. The filet, cheddar cheese soup, and pretzel bread are all yummy.:cloud9: We were in WDW the first week of Nov and we had an adr at Le Cellier for Fri night. Well, our plans changed and we were going to be in EPCOT on Wed night instead. I called dining from our resort on Tues and was told there was a cancellation for Wed at 5:20, so we took it and cancelled our Fri night adr. I am sure someone was happy to get my Fri adr! People change plans all the time and if you are flexible with the time I think you will get an adr. Adding pixie dust for luck!!!pixiedust:

I could have written you post. I just tried today (I know late) for end of Jan as well. She looked at all 7 days we are there and there was NOTHING for lunch or dinner at any time for our party of 2 A 3 kiddos. :(

I asked this on another thread but maybe someone will pipe in here... where else to get a good steak for only one TS credit on DDP?

I'm going to keep calling hopefully we can both get ADR's. I'd keep calling.

when we were in Epcot in sept we wante to try Le Cellier - we called and got a ADR for lunch 2 days later.......I would try once you are there as we didn't have any trouble at all. You can also ask at guest services when you first go into the park because they can check availability for you for that day!

good luck

at Le Cellier during our last 3 visits to the world. This trip, we are a party of 7. I'm hopeful, but not optomistic. I DO have a ressie for 7 for dinner there in February....unfortunately, we had to move our trip to April.....Urgh!

Karen

We ate there in June, 2006 and loved it. The food was pretty good. When I called for reservations for our trip in January, I didn't have any trouble getting ressies for 2a 1c. Of course, I did book at the 180 day mark.

Definitely keep trying. You never know when something will pop up. Good luck!

I called this past weekend and was able to get a lunch reservation for 3 without any trouble. It was within 20 minutes of the time I had asked for. I agree - keep trying and someone is bound to cancel. We have never been there before, so I hope not to be disappointed! We are doing all of our TS at places where we have never eaten before.

Way overpriced and awful atmosphere was our experience at Le Cellier. We had bouncing kids sharing the benchseat with my not-happy husband. Other than the cheese soup and pretzel bread, not a good experience.
Jenny

Le Cellier has always been hard to get ADR's. My dh and I couldn't get in our first two trips. Now I book it as soon as it is allowed. My dh loves it. We eat there every trip now.

Nothing for lunch either! Not even at a bad time!

We have experienced the same thing the last four or five times we’ve wanted to book ADRs and have had 100 percent success walking-up for lunch as they open at exactly 11:30 AM. We typically skip breakfast or eat a light one.

Another side benefit of being there at opening is seeing the ritual of singing O’ Canada and daily tribute to Hockey….too bad they didn’t give the NHL scores from the night before, eh?

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

when we were in Epcot in sept we wante to try Le Cellier - we called and got a ADR for lunch 2 days later.......I would try once you are there as we didn't have any trouble at all. You can also ask at guest services when you first go into the park because they can check availability for you for that day!

good luck

I've had the best luck getting reservations a day or two beforehand. I can't plan out as far in advance as most people, I've tried but it's never worked out for me because I tend to change my plans while I'm down there. Usually I just call from my room the night before and am able to get in where I want, I just tell them I'll take any time that's available after 5:00 and it has worked probably 90% of the time. The one time I remember it not working they were able to get us in the next day.

I wander if they hold back a number of spots for last minute reservations?

We were there last month and if you want to eat here and can't get an adr go when they open (11:30) and you will get in. It was so dead until about 12:30 when we ate there on 11/19.

I don't think it's impossible. If you're callig within 180 days you just need to call very often. I was able to snag a reservation a few weeks ago for our trip that we leave for in 12 days...I was calling 3 or 4 times a day. I think that's what you need to do to get any difficult reservation.

We called about February and there is nothing available when we are going too. But the CM said to call back everyday for cancellations and that the week before is the best time to call because so many people cancel at the last minute!

I was able to get a 6pm dinner for March 7th for a party of 2 just the other day. The CM said she had alot of times open for lunch and dinner for March 5-8th.

I was shocked because usually this is a very difficult place to get into

I love Le Cellier..but it is extremely popular, and a good use of credits on the Dp.The restaurant is very small, and they do not hold any tables for walkups.Occasionally people can score a walk up, but it is generally because of no shows or cancellations.I ate there in Sept , made an adr 6 months in advance and still only had a choice of one time slot (405P) for the entire week I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter