Le Cellier - IMPOSSIBLE to book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a walk up at Le Cellier for dinner in the middle of July.

Anything is possible!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Way overpriced and awful atmosphere was our experience at Le Cellier. We had bouncing kids sharing the benchseat with my not-happy husband. Other than the cheese soup and pretzel bread, not a good experience.
Jenny

I agree. We won't be going back again, so I wouldn't get too upset about this...there are other great restaurants in Epcot that I think are better than Le Cellier.

Of course, we live in the Northwest (Seattle) and go up to Canada all the time, so maybe this was just too close to the usual fare for us. The service wasn't great, the food quality was average to below-average, and the tables were too close together to create a good atmosphere. I preferred the Rose & Crown in Epcot. However, Le Cellier is a good use of a DDP credit because it is expensive and only charges 1 TS credit.

As far as ADR, we reserved 170 days out and there were many available options then for our trip in May of 2008. But on the day of our reservation they were turning away walk-ins.

I was told by a Disney CM (his opinion only) that Le Cellier is always full because it is the "in" place right now and because it is so small that the tables just fill up really fast. I was also told it was not because the food was so much better there.

I ate there Friday night. There are not a lot of tables inside. I had a 5:40pm ADR and did not get seated until 6:45. Missed part of Candlelight too because of it.

The food, however, was amazing. Out of 20 restaurants we went to, this came in very close to first..second only to California Grill. Our server, Alicia, was also fantastic! Keep trying, its worth it.

here's another option...try a walk-up around the time they open for dinner seatings. When we were there last May, they were fully booked (I booked in February for May trip & supposedly snagged one of the last ressies for that night.) Well, when we were actually there in May, they were taking walk-ups & there were empty tables the whole time we were in there (from like 5:15 until 6:40 or so.) The waitress said they'd gotten a lot of cancellations & no shows. Heard people say the same thing in September (during Free Dining)

So, you may still be able to get it.

Thanks for the advice everyone... I guess I just found it strange that we were able to so easily get our other reservations.

We've eaten there once before, so if we don't get it, it's not the end of the world. I will definitely keep trying though! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

So we will be going back to the World at the end of January. Despite the short notice, we have had NO trouble making ADR's. We have gotten Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner for the exact times we wanted, Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare, etc. Every single reservation was within 10 minutes of our desired time. So I thought this trip would be a great time to try for Le Cellier, since it's apparently so easy to get ADR's that were virtually impossible at this time prior to our last trip.

So after 20 minutes on hold with Disney Dining tonight, :headache: I asked about availability for dinner on THREE different nights during our trip, and nothing! Nothing for lunch either! Not even at a bad time!

What's up with this situation? Is it possible to ever get an ADR there? Do they reserve more tables for walk ups? Or is there only one table for two in the whole place?

I would keep trying. I just called this morning to book our ADRs for the first week of Jan and was able to get dinner times for Jan 4th at Le Cellier. I was surprised, as was the CM who was booking. She thought I had been calling each day for a cancellation. She said it was the equivalent of winning the lottery. :goodvibes I'd just keep trying. You never know what will happen. We've had better luck with lunch hours on previous trips when calling so late on ADRs. Hope you finally get into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!