Le Cellier Review (Two thumbs way up!)

Destination Disney

Welcome Foolish Mortals!
Hey all, we just returned from a quick two day visit to WDW. Had a great time and was pleasantly suprised with Le Cellier! I've heard mixed reviews but decided to take the chance....glad I did. So I decided to post my review and if it helps out then great.

Our ADR was for 7:30pm party of 4. We ended up with 5 since our son (4yrs) decided he did not want to go with other family. So now it was me, my mom, my hubby, my DD 9 months, and my DS 4yrs. We made the adjustment and were informed it would be 20 minutes longer for our wait. No big deal. Within 5 minutes they called our name.

The resturant was not overly busy, but they're were some large parties. Tessa was our server. We really liked her. She was so sweet and nice. Very attentive and informative about the menu and since she was from Canada she gave us some insite. (Once I tell you about dessert you'll understand about the Canadian insite!) We ordered our apps. Only the adults ate. My 4 yr. decided he was not eating, since he just ate around 5pm, so no big deal he just played with is toys, and the 9 month old, she was happy with her Enfamil!

Appetizers
I had the muscles: Yummy, however the muscles were on the small side. (I'm use to those yummy monsters at Carrabba's Italina Grill!) But still, I would order this again.

[Hubby had the Beef Tenderlion:
Cleared the plate!

My mom had the cheddar Soup
...She loved it and so did the 9 month old! (She sampled!)

Entrees:
I had the Herb crusted Prime Rib: Med./Well. OMG ! Heaven! It was such a huge cut of meat that I gave 1/2 to my hubby. The sides were yummy as well. It was so good and it did not seem like your traditional prime rib. Instead it did seem more like a ribeye, but who cares it was to delectable!

My hubby had the 7oz. filet: He again cleared the plate and helpedme out with mine! He tought both were so tender

My mom had the Mushroom filet: She raved about this and I have read on the boards that this was one of thier best entrees.

Dessert:
My mom ordered this smores' thing that was very good. Everyone had a sample and it was good, but sweet! But hey that is dessert!

My husband and I had the creme Brulee sampler. The vanilla bean and Maple creme brulee. I am a fan of ANY creme brulee and was impressed by the maple taste. It was good.

I also heard about the dessert wine called ICE WINE. A few years back I was at the F & W festival and saw it, but it was $6 for 1 oz. I just blew it off. But have since then heard more about it. Then low and behold...I get my Bon Appetite mag. in the mail and they have an entire article on ICE WINE and how they harvest it, etc. So when I went to Order I asked Tessa about it and she of coarse recomended it.

Well, I did it..

$15.00 for a 3 oz. glass of ICE WINE! It was sweet and very bubbly! I could definatly drink it again. Maybe one or two glasses at a time would do since it was so sweet! (Funny, my 3 oz. of wine cost more then my appetizer!) A bottle was $110, and even it was not too big! Tessa being from Canada, gave us some insite on the wine and how and when they harvest it. It is harvested about 5 hrs. from where she lived in Canada, and they harvest the grapes when they are frozen. Hence the name...ICE WINE! Gotta try it!

So Le Cellier was very good and I would go back in a heart beat!

:) I'm glad you liked it.

Just wondering, did you have the pretzel bread?

Reading all of these Le Cellier threads is making me crave it.

Yes, if I had 4 thumbs they would be up there. We used the DP last trip and got to eat diner there on a recommendation both here and by a CM. One of the top 10 meals we have had at DW, heck we still talk about it today but very expensive, got our money worth out of the DP that night...

I know what you mean about the prime rib. Our daughter had it, and we didn't know prime rib could taste that good. It was scrumptious ... and huge!

We loved LeCellier this past trip. I had the mussells for my appetizer and LOVED it. The sauce was to die for. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Yes, the pretzel bread was a huge hit at the table...we were all fighting over it! :rotfl2: Needless to say the 4yr. old won that battle!

This resturant is a must for us now. We were on the DDP and it was a good thing becasue our bill totaled $160. It is quite expensive, however if I knew that my dinner was going to be that yummy the cost would not bother me, but Horay for the DDP!

I had my first taste of inniskillin sparkling ice wine at le cellier NYE a few years ago and I LOVE it. Find a canadian friend though. A friend of mine who lives in canada brought me a bottle and it was only $45 :) Still expensive but not as bad.

Thanks for the review. I love Ice Wine, but $15/glass?? Wow! :earseek:

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!!

I love mussels too, so when me and DBF go I think I'll have to order the mussels and have a bowl of the soup between us as I just HAVE to try it!! :teeth:

I really want to try the Ice Wine too - $15 a glass, wow! Is that for a big glass? I'm no good with measurements!!

I have given this restaraunt 2 tries and each time was soooooo disappointed with the steak quality. With wonderful steak at Yachtsman Steakhouse and Narcoosee's there is no reason to try again.

I am so happy my DH does a lot of work at several local vineyards!!! We are right next to the heart of wine country, in the Niagara Peninsula, and he gets many "Extras". ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter