Le Cellier - Should I change my booking?

Megatron88

Earning My Ears
My partner and I are going back to Florida in May this year. We are staying off site and only plan on having a few table service meals at Disney. I have booked California Grill for an evening meal in hopes of seeing the fireworks. I also booked Le Cellier for an evening too but the reviews seem to be so mixed that I'm now having second thoughts. My partner loves steak meals which is why I chose here but it seems like it might not be worth the price?

Is there anywhere else that people could suggest either at Epcot that has decent food (table service) or elsewhere? This is our third time going back to Disney and we've never actual done a table service restaurant at Disney (apart from Planet Hollywood, House of Blues and The Edison at Disney Springs), we've always just gotten snacks or QS or gotten food at the Flower and Garden food booths (when at Epcot).

Le Cellier was my husbands absolute favourite in 2010 AND in 2011.
In 2017 it was AWFUL. We were rushed through like I have never experienced ANYWHERE. The food was pretty bad too, some of it was so over seasoned as to be inedible.
That said, we had 2/3 good visits, so, it's possible we got a bad day, but there are so many other places to try that I haven't booked Le Cellier for my trip this year.

Le Cellier was my husbands absolute favourite in 2010 AND in 2011.
In 2017 it was AWFUL. We were rushed through like I have never experienced ANYWHERE. The food was pretty bad too, some of it was so over seasoned as to be inedible.
That said, we had 2/3 good visits, so, it's possible we got a bad day, but there are so many other places to try that I haven't booked Le Cellier for my trip this year.

Yes, that's my thoughts, there are so many places to go but we don't have many days where we could do table service, maybe there's something better out there. I even did a quick scan on Trip Advisor and the reviews are all over the place there too. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

We have only ever had great meals at le cellier, just the nature of the beast tbh, I guess most disney restaurants (or just restaurants) can be inconsistent. The fillet steak we had last time was cooked perfectly (and getting decent blue steak in a restaurant seems to be getting harder)

I've never had a problem with the food but for those prices (signature dining) I don't expect to be practically sitting on top of the people next to me! They really cram people in with the tables being waytooclose!

If you want good steak near Epcot, it's a quick walk from the Int'l Gateway over to Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. Still a signature restaurant but a much pleasanter dining experience!

My partner and I are going back to Florida in May this year. We are staying off site and only plan on having a few table service meals at Disney. I have booked California Grill for an evening meal in hopes of seeing the fireworks. I also booked Le Cellier for an evening too but the reviews seem to be so mixed that I'm now having second thoughts. My partner loves steak meals which is why I chose here but it seems like it might not be worth the price?

Is there anywhere else that people could suggest either at Epcot that has decent food (table service) or elsewhere? This is our third time going back to Disney and we've never actual done a table service restaurant at Disney (apart from Planet Hollywood, House of Blues and The Edison at Disney Springs), we've always just gotten snacks or QS or gotten food at the Flower and Garden food booths (when at Epcot).

We enjoy many table service restaurants at WDW. The Garden Grill in Epcot is a great family style meal with characters, Cape May Cafe is a seafood buffet with a carving station, Teppan Edo in Japan is hibachi, and Narcosses in the Grand Floridian are our faves. I hope that helps you.

No matter what restaurant you choose, you'll find a host of reviews trashing the place. Think O'hana...still a tough ADR to get and yet, if you only read the Dis, you'd wonder why so many people wanted such bad food (FWIW, I love the place and think the food is delish). If the menu at Le Cellier appeals to you, try it. I'll be trying it for the first time in March.

If you want a very fine dining experience where the tables are not very close together, give Monsieur Paul a try. It’s more expensive than Le Cellier, but the food is spectacular and the service is great.

Chefs de France has a fantastic filet for half the price. I really enjoy that restaurant. Everything I’ve had has been great and I’ve gone one a trip since about 2013 I believe.

Le Cellier is so overpriced for the quality of steak they provide. For that price, i'd book a real signature.....like Yachstman for example.

I feel your pain to me the food is just OK but not worth the price. Saying that I have to admit we eat there once every trip. Daughters mother and stepfather go with it and her mother loves and I mean loves everything about the place. For a good steak I love going to Yachtsman or JIko's.

We enjoy many table service restaurants at WDW. The Garden Grill in Epcot is a great family style meal with characters...
We ate at Garden Grill in Dec 2019 and it was pretty bad. Food was tasteless and poor quality.

You'll find mixed reviews for pretty much every WDW restaurant.

I booked and canceled Le Cellier MANY times but we finally tried it in Feb 2019 and it was the best meal of our trip. We had a late reservation- 845pm. I was concerned about being rushed since the park closed at 9pm that night but we were not at all rushed. Our server was amazing, the food was excellent. When we left around 1030pm, there were still a few groups eating.

The pretzel bread is awesome, the filets were perfect, and the loaded mashed potatoes were to die for. We will definitely go back.

Le Cellier is our favorite on all Disney property. We have eaten there a lot and always have had good meals! You can have a bad experience anywhere and the thing I have found about asking for food/experience advice on here is that is all over the place, you will have as many people post with good experience as you will with bad experiences, but also remember that a lot of people with a good experience will just scroll on by, but a bad experience is more likely to get posted about!! I would say go to the reservation, you will never know otherwise!

My hubby and I eat at Le Cellier during every trip. The food is delicious and my steak loving husband has yet to complain. Plus, they have a cheddar soup that’s freaking awesome (I use it as a dip for the pretzel bread). It’s definitely a “must go” restaurant for us.

We love Le Cellier, and I don't think you can go wrong, but I would recommend checking out the Yachtsman at the Yacht Club in the Boardwalk area. The food, atmosphere and service are amazing. It's a short walk or boat ride from Epcot and it's nice to get out of the park for a breather occasionally.

We love Le Cellier have dinner there every trip. We also really enjoy Chefs de France.

My husband and I were just trying to plan an anniversary dinner. He brought up Le Cellier and how he really enjoyed the pork belly he got as an appetizer on his last visit, and then I reminded him that he had to complain because his medium rare steak was medium well and that my filet was a really poor cut of meat. So, we're going to Yachtsman. I know people will say Shula's is better, but I can get Shula's at home and there are better options than Shula's at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter